• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I so much DON'T understand why employers make it "against the rules" to carry a gun at work. If someone is going to kill someone at your work, is a "rule" going to be the thing that stops them? Isn't murder "against the rules" too?? :dunno:

Some of you know, I'm a nurse, (if you don't, check my avatar) I work in a hospital. Not illegal to carry in a hospital, unless you work there. WTH???:n00b: I work in the ER, we have crazy people come in there. C-R-A-Z-Y, crazy, not just "people with psychological issues", I'm talking high, drunk and just plain crazy people.
    We see the same people week after week after week for the same "BS" complaint of pain in their little toe, or chronic back pain but they moved some furniture today and it hurts now, oh, and they are allergic to all over the counter medicines and NSAIDS, but that one medicine, "Du...something" works real well. :rolleyes: Some of these people will do WHATEVER THEY HAVE TO to get their drugs.
    The CVS in our town has been robbed twice in the past 2 months, no money taken, just drugs. Once with a gun, once with a knife. Don't think these people have a problem? Don't think they would hurt someone to get their drugs?
    I keep telling everyone, "It's only a matter of time till someone comes in here with a gun and kills someone." We don't have Security. Why can't I bring MY gun with me to protect myself and my co-workers when our employer won't? Is that right? Isn't there something wrong with that?
    "...life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Am I missing something?
    :patriot: :ingo: :draw:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN

yes-carry-concealed.jpg

I have got to get a shirt like that!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    some that work for that company just ignore the red book

shady.gif

From what I understand, the company with that book has already addressed the topic. When an employee there is under suspicion of having a firearm in their vehicle, there will be a call to the police to request a search warrant for that vehicle on the suspicion of theft (paper, pen, equipment, etc.). The police may then legally enter the vehicle for a search and will provide the employer with an inventory of the search.

Now.... that assumes that the company with that color book can get the police to play ball to that extent. Also, I can imagine all sort of legal issues that result from a "false" accusation as well as being profiled/targeted. The leadership there is very, very concerned about this (their words) "problem".

I just hate that people are forfeiting their rights just because of where they work.
    Pretty sure this would involve falsifying a police report. Not sure, but I don't think they can issue a warrant on an anonymous tip, and I think falsifying a report is a felony(maybe not, but certain it is a criminal offense).

technobear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    I'm going to check with campus police to see if I can lock my gun in their safe while I'm at work. Maybe after doing this for a few months, the chief will sign my request for special consideration. :dunno:

any luck with this? ive considered the same thing, have a good relationship with my campus PD chief, but have been hesitant to try.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Lawdog I guess you missed my point. I am now legally ok to bring my gun to work. Legal. Prior to this law I was breaking the rules of my company if I brought a gun to work. Now I am Legal. My state Government has backed gun owners and made it legal to carry a gun to work. This is a huge victory for us, and a major blow to all the nazi style rules some company's have been forcing on us. This law is very good and long overdue. Indiana rocks!

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    i carry my duracoated matte black taurus 85 ultra lite .38 spl everyday to work and pretty much everywhere else i go. tok me 12 weeks to get my carry permit by golley i am sure going to use it and like to be prepared at all times esp when closing at work by myself

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Lawdog I guess you missed my point. I am now legally ok to bring my gun to work. Legal. Prior to this law I was breaking the rules of my company if I brought a gun to work. Now I am Legal. My state Government has backed gun owners and made it legal to carry a gun to work. This is a huge victory for us, and a major blow to all the nazi style rules some company's have been forcing on us. This law is very good and long overdue. Indiana rocks!

Probably gets the point but your terms are still wrong.
    If you were legal before the law, you are no more legal now.
    If it was illegal before the law it is still illegal now. This law does not exempt anyone from any previous laws.
    Rules do not equal laws and could never have made firearm storage illegal.
    It is now illegal for most companies to enforce a mere rule. That's all.

I do appreciate the law since those company rules caused me to [strike]never[/strike] seldom keep a firearm in my vehicle to protect my employment, but I never had any legal reason not to.

:cheers:

4TheResistance

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Galveston, 46932
    I so much DON'T understand why employers make it "against the rules" to carry a gun at work. If someone is going to kill someone at your work, is a "rule" going to be the thing that stops them? Isn't murder "against the rules" too?? :dunno:

Exactly, the "rules" don't stop most of us good guys we just remain silent about it. If you are worried get you a pocket pistol and keep quiet.

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Saying that I carry a pistol to work everyday on a public forum would be dumb. So I won't say it.

But one might want to do that, even with a uniform officer at the front desk. The logic being that if someone is determined, they will shoot the officer first and all bets are off at that point. Someone who is willing to shoot a cop is pretty much out there. I would want to:

1) Get my wife out (yep, work with her)
    2) get as many others out as possible.
    3) Stop the threat if possible

But that would require having a hand gun on the premises. And we have a sign as we walk in saying how that ain't allowed. :)

Which reminds me, I need to start a thread about good backpacks for carrying a laptop that have a pocket that allows a full size pistol, rather than just the P3AT that fits in my current one, when I'm carrying it outside of work of course. :D

skeetman28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    South Bend
    I was glad that we finally have a step in the right direction and made the antis furious....and now I don't have to run home to get protection in case I have things to do after work....

Top Bottom