• throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Title says it all...
    ordered me a CZ 75 Shadow
    This is the one with the short dust cover, no rail (not the SP-01 version...)
    Given the pending political storm, I figured that I'd better carpe diem.

I'm stoked! Will post pics after it arrives. I was tempted to get the SAO version of this... but that can be later down the road. I went for the DA/SA

Here's a link (I found mine at a small shop, but the link is for CZCustom, where all the USA Shadows are assembled/customized)
    http://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-75-shadow-sa-da-9mm-black.html

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    As someone new to CZs, can someone school me on the different models of the 75? I feel like there are so many, with so many variations.

I'm with you! I used to own a CZ 75B and now there are so many different variations, it makes my head hurt trying to figure which is which.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's really simple:
    CZ 75 is a full size all steel pistol available in 9mm.
    If it has a B it means it has a firing pin block.
    If it has a BD it means it has a firing pin block and a decocker.
    B and BD models are both available in .40
    SA models are single action only.
    DAO models are double action only.
    CZ 85 is the ambidextrious version of the 75.
    B means it has a firing pin block.
    An 85 Combat has an adjustable rear sight.
    CZ 75 SP01 is a full size, all steel, 75B with an extended dust cover and a rail.
    CZ 75 SP01 tactical has a decocker.
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow does not have a firing pin block and is customized.
    CZ 75 SP01 Phantom is the SP01 Tactical with a polymer frame.
    CZ 75 Compact is an all steel 75B with a shorter grip and 1" shorter barrel. It is available in 9mm and .40.
    CZ 75 PCR is an alloy frame compact with decocker and a slightly modified dust cover. Available in 9mm only.
    CZ 75 P01 is an alloy frame compact with decocker and rail. Available in 9mm only.
    A CZ 75D is either a PCR if it doesn't have a rail or a P01 if it does.
    A P09 is a full sized polymer gun with 19 round capacity, changeable backstraps and a rail. Available in 9mm and .40.
    A P07 is a compact size polymer gun with 16 round capacity, changeable backstraps and a rail. Available in 9mm and .40.
    A P07 Duty is the older version of the P07 which can take other 75 style magazines.
    A CZ P06 is a P01 in .40.
    A CZ 40B is a failed collaboration between Colt and CZ. It's design is somewhat similar in appearance to a 1911 but has the CZ 75 fire control group. It is discontinued but can be found. It is a .40.
    A CZ 40P is the leftover slides from the 40B put on a P06 frame. Also discontinued but can be found. Also a .40.
    A 2075 RAMI is a scaled down version of the 40B. It has an alloy frame and is available in 9mm and .40. It is available with a safety or a decocker.
    A 2075 RAMI P is a polymer version of this gun. It has been discontinued.
    A CZ 97B is a full size gun, taken from the 75 design, with a full length dust cover, loaded chamber indicator and chambered in .45acp. The D model is a decocker.

I think that covers the basics.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's really simple:
    CZ 75 is a full size all steel pistol available in 9mm.
    If it has a B it means it has a firing pin block.
    If it has a BD it means it has a firing pin block and a decocker.
    B and BD models are both available in .40
    SA models are single action only.
    DAO models are double action only.
    CZ 85 is the ambidextrious version of the 75.
    B means it has a firing pin block.
    An 85 Combat has an adjustable rear sight.
    CZ 75 SP01 is a full size, all steel, 75B with an extended dust cover and a rail.
    CZ 75 SP01 tactical has a decocker.
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow does not have a firing pin block and is customized.
    CZ 75 SP01 Phantom is the SP01 Tactical with a polymer frame.
    CZ 75 Compact is an all steel 75B with a shorter grip and 1" shorter barrel. It is available in 9mm and .40.
    CZ 75 PCR is an alloy frame compact with decocker and a slightly modified dust cover. Available in 9mm only.
    CZ 75 P01 is an alloy frame compact with decocker and rail. Available in 9mm only.
    A CZ 75D is either a PCR if it doesn't have a rail or a P01 if it does.
    A P09 is a full sized polymer gun with 19 round capacity, changeable backstraps and a rail. Available in 9mm and .40.
    A P07 is a compact size polymer gun with 16 round capacity, changeable backstraps and a rail. Available in 9mm and .40.
    A P07 Duty is the older version of the P07 which can take other 75 style magazines.
    A CZ P06 is a P01 in .40.
    A CZ 40B is a failed collaboration between Colt and CZ. It's design is somewhat similar in appearance to a 1911 but has the CZ 75 fire control group. It is discontinued but can be found. It is a .40.
    A CZ 40P is the leftover slides from the 40B put on a P06 frame. Also discontinued but can be found. Also a .40.
    A 2075 RAMI is a scaled down version of the 40B. It has an alloy frame and is available in 9mm and .40. It is available with a safety or a decocker.
    A 2075 RAMI P is a polymer version of this gun. It has been discontinued.
    A CZ 97B is a full size gun, taken from the 75 design, with a full length dust cover, loaded chamber indicator and chambered in .45acp. The D model is a decocker.

I think that covers the basics.

Now cover the Omega trigger as it relates to each of the above!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Now cover the Omega trigger as it relates to each of the above!
    Ah, yes, ok.
    All P09 and P07 models have the Omega trigger system. Which is just a simplified version of the basic 75 fire control system with fewer moving parts.
    You can also get the 75B and P01 with Omega triggers now as well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, which would have the smallest grip and shortest reach to the trigger for someone with raccoon hands like, oh, say, me?

Top Bottom