• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Best. Soda. Ever. Ever since I was young, any time I go down south I buy 2 liters or a case to bring back. my sister brought me some from South Carolina recently. my wife says I wouldn't like it as much or "Cheerwine wouldn't hold as much mystique" if I could get it here in central Indiana. Can any of you in southern Indiana buy it locally? Any one else with fond memories of Cheerwine?

Last edited:

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Im south too (across from Louisville KY) and i havent ever seen it sold around here.

My mom lives right outside of Bowling Green Ky (about 2 hours south of me) and i see it everywhere down that way...so i guess my "expert" opinion is cant buy it locally in my neck of the woods, but cross the river a little ways and its everywhere to be had.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Cheerwine :yesway: Had it down in Tennessee. Also a big fan of Blenheim's Ginger Ale, which is a Carolina thing. Check out Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati; they have a whole aisle of exotic drinks.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    Best. Soda. Ever. Ever since I was young, any time I go down south I buy 2 liters or a case to bring back. my sister brought me some from South Carolina recently. my sife says I wouldn't like it as much or "Cheerwine wouldn't hold as much mystique" if I could get it here in central Indiana. Can any of you in southern Indiana buy it locally? Any one else with fond memories of Cheerwine?

What is a sife? Is it a combination sister/wife? Are you from Kentucky? :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist.... Carry on.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You can buy it in downtown Indianapolis!

Rocket Fizz candy/soda shop right on the circle.

I can tolerate Cheerwine. Diet Cheerwine is absolutely disgusting.

-J-

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I find it at a lot of Rural Kings. Personally I can't stand it. Favorite soda is Bundaberg Ginger Beer. You can get it online or at Rocket Fizz.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I love Cheerwine. The best version of it is the glass bottle version made with cane sugar. They have it at our local Do It Yourself store and I pick it up at Jungle Jim's in Cinci, too.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    does it come in sugar free? I'm diabetic but I am intrigued as to its flavor. I was a big fan of Vernor's until it went nationwide. I changed its formula or something then and was never the same.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Some of the Krogers and Meijers in the Louisville area stock Cheerwine. I find it a bit too sweet for my taste...and I agree the Diet Cheerwine is really bad.

I like Vernor's Ginger Ale...but my Favorite regional soda is SPRECHER's (Wisconsin). They offer several flavors... but the Orange Creme Soda, and even more The Cherry Cola (made with Door County Cherries and ginseing) Is really good.

Anyone here besides me like the original MOXIE and / or Beinheim Ginger Ale (the HOT version)

And speaking of HOT, Do any of you old guys remember when Dr Pepper was marketed as a 'Hot Beverage'. I remember the commercials showing kids sipping hot cups of Dr Pepper like tea, in a winter setting. :cool:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom