• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jschutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    I can understand the let down, but I agree with ckcollins. The practice at a fraction of the cost is the best part. Fundamentals are fundamentals no matter what you are shooting.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I can understand the let down, but I agree with ckcollins. The practice at a fraction of the cost is the best part. Fundamentals are fundamentals no matter what you are shooting.

i guess i could see having a .22 upper to be able to slap on my lower for some range practice...but i dont foresee me ever having a .22 dedicated AR

jonboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    i guess i could see having a .22 upper to be able to slap on my lower for some range practice...but i dont foresee me ever having a .22 dedicated AR
    This is what I have and it is a great setup. When money is tight I can still shoot all day with the 22 and when I want to feel the power of 556 I just swap uppers and try to forget about how much it's costing to fire the damn thing. I bought the upper for almost the same price as a complete ar22 but the upper paired with my lower looks like the real thing and doesn't feel like a toy gun in my hands.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I'm not understanding why someone would start a thread on any subject and whine that he doesn't particularly like something, just because that's how he feels. Who cares?

More important, though, is that if you're going to do that, at least pick a topic that is sure to raise a ruckus here on INGO. EBRs in .22LR? Sheesh ... make it something that's sure to make sparks fly.

To wit:

I DON'T LIKE BACON. THAT'S JUST HOW I FEEL.

See? That's how it's done. Now, back to your regularly scheduled whining about plinky EBRs. :D

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Peoples preferences drive the market. The TactiCool look sells. If you were a manufacturer and developing a product, you would make it look like something most people want to buy. I have an M&P 15-22. It is a reliable, fairly accurate semi auto.

Adding a Jewel two stage trigger and a Microsight aperature made it easier to shoot and aim. I will never need to shoot it with body armor on so the collapsible buttstock is not needed, and I am not going to need to attach lazers or infared lights, so the quad rail only makes it less comfortable to shoot offhand.

I would have much prefered a basic A-2 style fixed stock and a full floated full length round handguard. Of course that would also give me the full sight radius. S&W's market research figured that the style I like would only have limited sales. So we compromise. Both of my serious small bore rifles are single shot bolt actions. If I wanted a semi auto, liking the style or not, the M&P 15-22 is what was out there. To me it is not tacticool, it is just an iron sighted, semi auto .22 rifle. Maybe an upscale 10-22 with a quality trigger and an aftermarket stock would have been a good choice. The design of the Ruger action does not well lend itself to the sights I would want to use, so that would be a compromise also.

I'll try not to offend anyone with my little 15-22. On the plus side, the thing runs PERFECTLY, every shot with CCI Mini Mags. I just shot a 12 week offhand league with it and never cleaned it. The only problem was the first stage of the trigger got a little gritty, one spray with Hornady gun cleaner and dri lube, and it was back in business.

Top Bottom