I don't think that you should carry a gun....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Is what my wife hit me with today when I suggested getting my LTCH.... She's not anti-gun or anything (she's actually one hell of a shot) but she doesn't think anyone should be carrying because "they'll see you draw your gun and shoot you first." I'll be honest, this came outta no where... I gave her the usual responses.. (responsibility, protection, defense of others)... none of it budged her... It might be time for a divorce...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Have any kids?
    Ask her what she'd want if you were in the mall and some crazy decides to try to get the biggest death toll.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. play out scenarios and let her answer the "what would you do"s. YOU cant convince her... but she can convince herself as she answers your questions.

my wife used to be the same way. Ever since Sandy hook though, hoooo boy! She not only encourages me to carry whenever feasible, but she also got her Larry.

Dont poke the mamma bear with a stick. Just sayin.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    i had a friend that always told me she didnt want me to carry a gun then i started getting death threats and shes like "you should probably start carrying a gun"

maybe you should get someone mad at you enough so that they threaten to kill you worked for me.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    My wife was a little skeptical at first. Then while we were out of town and following her directions, she got us lost and in a very bad area where people were actually yelling at us while we were driving in the daytime. She looked at me and asked if I had "it"? I told here "yes babe, it's cool". She hasen't said anything since but to make sure I don't forget "it". WOOT

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm having the same type of situation going on now with my wife.Not anti gun,supports me carrying,actually wanting to get a gun and her Larry.This is an exact quote from our last discussion:

Her:There are some places that i dont think you should carry it. Like the hospital or work. But thats just my opinion and i dont care what you do thats your way of doing things and thats fine by me.

Me:But why?criminals go to hospitals,criminals are definitely out here at work.

Her:I know just the way i feel about it i guess. I personally wouldnt do. At work id leave mine in the car.

Me:You're too naive,too trusting.you think that there's someone else that can protect you,the police will handle it.the police are only good if they're there at the moment someone makes that bad decision,a second later is useless.

Her:I know that but see the thing is babe im with you all the time when i go out and if im not then yea im worried out of my mind! Thats why i want to get a gun so that i can protect myself when you arent with me. I know that the police are pretty much useless and that not a lot of people carry anymore so im not protected unless im with you. Thats why i hardly do anything but go to my parents when you go somewhere on the weekends

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    lol, sure, I will still carry... provided I can scrape the $140 off of can recycling or selling plasma.. cuz she sure as hell ain't gonna give up the purse strings...

swilk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    So its not a matter of her having the opinion that you should not carry ..... it is a matter of her controlling the family money and telling you that you are not going to get your LTCh and therefore you are NOT going to be carrying?

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Simple, you draw your gun when the aggressor is not looking. Obviously if a gun is pointed right at you that might not be the best time to draw.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    this came outta no where... .

Nope.
    It's a trust issue. It's not a "bad guy will see you" issue.
    Sorry, but there's other stuff going on here. Spoken or not (and more likely it's "not" & denied).

Opinion^ is worth exactly what you paid for it. But I will say... been there, done that.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nope.
    It's a trust issue. It's not a "bad guy will see you" issue.
    Sorry, but there's other stuff going on here. Spoken or not (and more likely it's "not" & denied).

Opinion^ is worth exactly what you paid for it. But I will say... been there, done that.

What are you, some kind of wom....oh. Never mind. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's interesting. I had just the opposite experience. I was out of town M-F the last 2 weeks for trial and when I got home, my wife announced her desire to get trained and possibly her own gun. I think it's a great time to get something for home defense that's more suited for her.

As soon as we get a chance, I'll be having her fire my M&P 9c and we'll be looking for a nice 20ga.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That's interesting. I had just the opposite experience. I was out of town M-F the last 2 weeks for trial and when I got home, my wife announced her desire to get trained and possibly her own gun. I think it's a great time to get something for home defense that's more suited for her.

As soon as we get a chance, I'll be having her fire my M&P 9c and we'll be looking for a nice 20ga.

Not really surprising though. The mental gymnastics a woman has to go through in order to maintain the charade of "it'll never happen to me" while she is the sole provider of security for an extended period of time (as when the man is out of town) would be enough to have her committed on the grounds of having clearly lost touch with reality. [wow that was an awkward sentence!]. IOW, she has to face reality or continue to lie to herself in the face of obviously contradictory evidence.

Most of the women who oppose carry require a brush with danger to shake loose their fantasy. The lucky ones simply need to be faced with the greater risk and no one else to deal with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I want to know if you'll carry anyway.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you were drinking/gambling/drug abuse etc. I could see her having an issue. Maybe even getting a motorcycle if you have kids. Beyond that it is way out of line to "Tell" someone else what the will/will not do.
    I learned this a long time and 2 marriages ago.

No kids???

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    My wife says the same things. BUT, at McDonald's on Sunday we went through the drive-thru and had to park and wait for them to bring our food out. While we were sitting there a car load of 18 - 20 year old kids pulls in. They start yelling at each other for some reason, then they all get out of the car and continue yelling and acting like idiots. My wife turned to me and asked, "Do you have your gun with you?" I replied that yes, I always carry it. She said "Good, I'm glad."

It's funny how some people change their minds when something stressful happens.

Top Bottom