I got a PM from someone with 0 post count...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes, but why would it make your post count show 50? Why not just let it sit at 0 and have the ability to send PM (which is what I am guessing has happened here)

My guess would be that's a policy decision of the owner of the forum (to allow PM's after payment) and not a feature built in to the software. If so, it would be easier to just bump a post count number after payment than to write some special code. But I'm just guessing.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My guess would be that's a policy decision of the owner of the forum (to allow PM's after payment) and not a feature built in to the software. If so, it would be easier to just bump a post count number after payment than to write some special code. But I'm just guessing.
    Winner-winner Bacon-dinner.

ssblair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Elkhart County
    I recently got a few PMs from members with 0 and 1 posts but don't recall see anything in their avatar about being a site supporter. Is this something "enforced by honor system" or is this enforced by software code?

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Here's the latest PM from the noob. Apparently didn't read the FAQ's or thinks they don't pertain to him.

You gotta be kidding: what am I a crook because I'm new? Why allow me to look and make contact with ads if you won't sell to me. What rules are there to me? Like I have to prove I'm not some bigot from the DHS office? Thanks anyway

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Gotta be a glitch.
    I've PM'd a couple times today with a member that had only 1 post at the time. Non site supporter, not a spammer either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom