mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I recently bought a 638-3. I love it! Shoots great and love the shrouded hammer and that it is SA/DA. Perfect for my BUG!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Yeah, I prefer the 638. Always hate to roll check on the trigger. That's just me.

OK. I'm a self identified revolver neophyte, so I'll bite.

After seeing you say this for a number of years and Googling it several times, I still have no idea what "roll checking" is and why I should do it.

I will assume it's safe to perform a "roll check." :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    OK. I'm a self identified revolver neophyte, so I'll bite.

After seeing you say this for a number of years and Googling it several times, I still have no idea what "roll checking" is and why I should do it.

I will assume it's safe to perform a "roll check." :):

I figure he's talking about verifying cylinder rotation. There are some things that will tie a revolver up, such as a high primer or tweaked moon clip (for those so equipped, of course). Cock the hammer, gently lower the hammer, cock the hammer, gently lower the hammer, until you've gone over each chambered cartridge. This ensures the cyinder is rotating freely with the ammunition in place. If one is harder to cock the hammer on or it ties the gun up, you know and can remedy the situation know instead of when you actually need the gun.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

At a certain age you begin developing a little extra padding around your midsection....It's then that you begin to think that maybe IWB is not the way to go..In order to ascertain whether one can still carry a revolver IWB you pinch the roll of fat around your belly...If you can pinch more than the width of the cylinder (less on a J frame with 5 shots than a Colt with 6 shots) you should consider going with an OWB holster...

Sometimes known as a "roll check" or in extreme cases "jelly roll check"......

You are standing right in front of me as I type this...Does this help or do you think I am just being a smart a$$???

Top Bottom