• ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Originally Posted by mainjet
    They are not asking just because they want to talk. They are asking for the simple fact that they want to see if you may be a criminal.

They are asking because they want to see HOW you answer. They want to see if you stutter or get all nervous. This is a tactic like anything else."

Isn't that what I said? I did not imply that they ask a question expecting that the person will answer "I am a criminal". The answers are what helps lead them to the possibility that you may be a criminal.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Chefcook...I urge you to PM Frank the officer's name so he can try to find out what the issue was.

I was not ticketed and I am horrible with names I have no idea what his name was. I'm not looking to make a federal case out of it I got away without a ticket for the stop sign and I more than likely did not come to a complete dead stop, that rolling stop thing is kinda a bad habit of mine...

Yea Assault pistols like these LOL...

assaultpistols-1.jpg

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    What happened to protect and serve ?

My :twocents:

I read most of the posts and learned a few things. (That's why I'm here).

Reacting in "real time" to any potentially hot situation is difficult, especially when guns are present. In this case, both sides had some, legally too. The LEO holds the trump card and they call it a badge and it's been that way since, well, when they started issuing badges.

You ARE guilty (in their eyes) until proven innocent. This is a Police State, just served up light. It could and probably will get worse.

LEO's are on edge these days for all kinds of reasons including department funding and criminals (real ones) that don't value any form of life.

However, productive legal citizens are not fodder for the "few" a-hole LEO's that make it bad for the good ones, which are many, regardless.

The bad ones (few) hate their job but won't get out 'cuz they like the power trip and adrenaline rush, and they would be dysfunctional at most other work places besides security. Yeah, I said it. Remember it's the few bad ones that jack up the reputations of the many good ones, as COPS or Security. Isn't that the way wherever you find people ?

The good ones are serving, not taking or abusing, but it seems the line is being crossed more and more.

I won't second guess this exact situation but if you experience abuse like this and live to tell about it, report it (in writing) at every possible level. Make calls and be professional. The LEO' will have it in his record and his pay and promotion could be affected. Hit him where it hurts. There are others who want to join and serve. I wonder if the idea of "protect and serve" went out the window just like "discretion".

If enough people report abuse by LEO's (perceived or otherwise) eventually someone just might think the COP in question is better off without the badge.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Even if you don't have his name you can give me the date and time and I can find out, if it was an IMPD officer.

Like I said I am pretty much over it and don't want to make an issue of it. I am grateful I was not ticketed for the stop sign, I tend to prefer to stay as far below the radar as I can. Out of sight out of mind...

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Searching my car would be interesting. Hatchback, all glass, but the hatch is jammed shut. It can only be opened from the inside by loosening or unbolting the catches for the pins. My glovebox is not in the car at this moment but the door is attached so one wouldnt know that until the door was opened.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    When I put myself into a situation through speculation like ok how would I react if I were a police officer doing that job. Its hard to do. As a new officer maybe only a year or so on the force I might make some mistakes and over step my bounds in the idea of my own safety. But then I wonder if as a veteran that has seen more if I would lighten up or actually become more defensive in my own security. I know as a civilian I tolerate no intrusion of my personal safety. A police officer has taken a oath to protect and serve society. As a civilian I have not, however I do still feel at least somewhat responsible for the protection of my immediate society at least in the essence of my family my neighborhood, my neighbors and my friends. I dont have any solutions. I do try and look at all the angles objectively. I may have miss-spoken myself in saying the officer searched my vehicle. Once I was out I did not close or lock the door as I should have and he had a good look around with his flashlight. He did not actually dig or go under the seats but he was partially inside my car. So I must concede that point. He was friendly after my credentials checked out and that is why I walked away with no ticket.

In reality I guess the thing that caused me distress is and as I have posted many many times in threads over the last few years is that I had to give up my firearms. My pride was bruised. The safest place for my firearms is in their holsters. No one police or civilian should be fumbling with firearms they are maybe not familiar with loading and unloading them on the side of the road in a vehicle in the dark. Just because a person is a police officer does not mean he is fluent in the function of all firearms, most likely he is fluent in the operation of a Glock but other than that its pot luck. Also what if my gun has custom alterations. I do not like anyone messing with my firearm unless I am the instructor.

I guess what I would say to an officer in this debate would be that ok If you pull me over and I tell you I have a weapon then maybe you should leave it where it is until such time you can determine rather or not I legally posses it. As a law abiding citizen I am on your side I am your friend, there is no reason to fear me. The first clue might be that I told you i have a firearm in the car. Do not automatically assume I am a bad guy just because I am armed. However it seems that the mind set of officers is to make sure they are secure before worrying about rather or not you are a criminal. Can ya blame them for that?? No I can not however that is part of the risk of doing that job. If police officer violates my rights in the process that officer is wrong its seems to me to be a very fine line. Some here seem to have pokes to put forth like trolls, that has no effect or bearing on me I am beyond that. I appreciate the officers that offered to investigate this situation. I have spent enough time contemplating this its time to move on to something else. I am the last guy in the world that is going to send someone to the principals office...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom