• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Doug, glad to hear things are going well with recovery. Hopefully it continues to go that way, best of luck in surgery and final recovery/rehabilitation in said finger.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just finished my 3rd surgery. Still dopey and a bit unsteady. I can't feel my arm, which is a good thing i think..

Good news is tat the doctor was able to push the finger to fullrange of motion.

Therapy begins anew tomorroww mornimg at 0730.

I am so happy that my stupid can be corrected over time.

doug

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I just finished my 3rd surgery. Still dopey and a bit unsteady. I can't feel my arm, which is a good thing i think..

Good news is tat the doctor was able to push the finger to fullrange of motion.

Therapy begins anew tomorroww mornimg at 0730.

I am so happy that my stupid can be corrected over time.

doug

We don't know each other, but when I get up your way, if you still want a beer, I'll be glad to buy !!!!!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words and support. It means a lot!

I am much less loopy than I was earlier. The nerve block has worn off and I can feel all of my fingers, although my thumb still has a slight tingle to it.

What I am finding great is that I can already move my middle finger! It is wrapped up tight as a round in a chamber, but I can wiggle it a bit. I would guess 3 - 4mm but that is much better than 0!

The only hiccup I have had is that I drove clear across town from SW Fort Wayne to NE and stopped at Walgreens to fill the pain prescription. When I got to the pharmacy I handed in the scrip only to have the pharmacist tell me that there was NO NAME of a drug on there. She could guess what it was as a painkiller but as it was a painkiller I would have to drive clear across town again to pick it up by hand and return with it, not exactly something I was looking forward to. I figured no big deal, I have therapy out there early tomorrow morning and I'll pick up a fully filled out sheet then. Apparently now the law doesn't allow faxing or phone calls where narcotics are involved. And we wondered why Hoosierdoc and all the other medical providers get mad at the rules...

I will have to wear the baggy on my hand while showering for awhile but I hope for that to end soon. It isn't hard to do just very annoying for those who've been through it.

So far I have minor to no pain, so the pain meds might be irrelevant. This seems odd to me as I am normally a low pain tolerance kind of guy. I can be very wimpy where pain is involved but with this hand so far so good.

Should anyone every consider shooting themselves in the hand "just to see what it feels like" feel free to call me. I am happy to save you the trouble.

My next Doctors appointment is July 6th, and my therapy starts early tomorrow morning. So by July 7th I should have an educated guess of where I'll be in a year.

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just a minor update.

I met with the doc today. Finger is externally fine. He identified areas of scar tissue buildup. Those need to go, again...

So I will be having a fourth surgery sometime in late December. Happy New Year to me! Therapy will restart and I'll get a new regimen.

They never show this stuff in 24 or Die Hard or any of the shootemup movies or TV shows. Why is that...?:dunno:

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just a minor(?) update.

I just received notice, with a cause number, that I am being sued for an alleged medical bill that I owe. Sheriff stuck it in the door.

When all surgery was said and done I set up payment plans with everyone: All of the Lutheran Health Network, FWO, and the anesthesiologists office.

Now, allegedly, Lutheran or someone in Lutheran, isn't getting their money. When I went in to get everything "bundled" together I thought all was cool. I even followed up on it once. I was told "All is good. You are paying and we are getting the money." Well, I am guessing some department didn't get the memo that they are included in the payments.

So I just got off the phone with the attorney's office and the only thing they have is the "patient number" for me. I'll tool out to Lutheran tomorrow or Friday to sit down, again, and go over what is and is not being paid on.

Then I'll find out if I owe an additional $2,000 or not...

This is NOT the insurance companies fault! This is not Obamacare's fault! This is not my doctors fault! This, to my thinking, is the convoluted, confusing, hard to understand health care(?) industries fault!

It seems that only death can protect us from the bureaucracy...

Regards,

Doug

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Healthcare will only get more convoluted before it gets better.

[video=youtube;0-JA1ffd5Ms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-JA1ffd5Ms[/video]

My brother is starting his own practice - no insurance accepted; patients pay a monthly fee and visit or communicate as often as they see fit.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Typical beuracratical healthcare b.s. BEWARE OF DOUBLE BILLING, have been double billed, over billed, charged for services not received, can't stand dealing with these crooked sobees.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hope everything works out.

Thank you Sir! I do too.

Healthcare will only get more convoluted before it gets better.

[video=youtube;0-JA1ffd5Ms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-JA1ffd5Ms[/video]

My brother is starting his own practice - no insurance accepted; patients pay a monthly fee and visit or communicate as often as they see fit.

Is your brother in Ft. Wayne???

I generally don't have an issue with a doctors office or something small. The issue I am now dealing with is the health care industry. It was like this before Obamacare and it hasn't improved. Years ago when I went to the ER for a broken bone due to car accident I think I got bills from at least three (3) separate offices - the ER doctors practice (NOT w/ Parkview), Parkviews ER room, and the radiologist. All of them damn separate. Hell, there might have even been one (1) separate for the use of the X-Ray machine.

This helps confuse things and make life complicated, and expensive. Duplication of billing offices, payroll offices, etc.

Typical beuracratical healthcare b.s. BEWARE OF DOUBLE BILLING, have been double billed, over billed, charged for services not received, can't stand dealing with these crooked sobees.

Thank you. This is certainly in my sights. I have spoken with my accountant and she thinks that when I set up payment plans the guy who set them up may(?) have directed my monthly payment to departments A, B, and C. Well, maybe, department C never got (or lost, or misfiled, or forgot) the notification that they were in the loop to be paid and it just hasn't gotten to them yet. So now they are on the warpath to get thar money back.

I will start the ball rolling this Friday when I go out there with all my paperwork to sit down and try to sort things out.

----

I may(?) consider a brief call to my attorney to find out my basic rights and obligations ALONG with any legal limitations on what they might or might not be able to do.

IF I owe the money I certainly want to pay it, but IF I don't I am not going to bend over for paying extra money.

Regards,

Doug

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    But I tell ya what, I would almost rather get shot again than have the bone taken out of my hip!!!:xmad: Damn but that hurts every time I try to walk! Sitting, fine. Laying down, fine. Moving to stand or walking itself, MISERY!

No argument there! When I had my first neck surgery, they used bone from my right hip. So, not only did I have to wear that damn cervical collar for 6 weeks, I had the hole in my hip as well!! IMHO, my hip hurt more than my neck, and took just as long to heal! That 16mm hole in my hip made sleeping on that side nearly impossible.

[FYI: to get the bone, they use a stainless steel plug-cutter. It's identical to what you'd find in a wood shop, just made of stainless steel.]

For my second neck surgery, they used cadaver bone. I asked my surgeon about it, and he said, "Only the old guys use a patient's own hip bone anymore."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My brother left Denver, CO. to open a practice in Huntington. (I know, we tried to tell him...) He's a DO, not an MD, so this, "let's sit and talk your health" model suits him a lot better than, "I ten minutes, what's wrong? OK, here's a prescription." If it's serious, he refers you, THEN you can deal with insurance. Subscription fees can be paid tax-free if you have an HSA.

He's what you could call an early adopter on this model, which I suspect will become more available, if not common. With healthcare paperwork becoming so onerous and MD's throwing antibiotics at every little ouchie... And who even knows what a procedure costs?

Top Bottom