North
    2128fbl.png

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    325 Federal Automatch can be purchased from PSA for $29.99 or from Gander for $19.99. A 525 pack of Federal or Remington Golden Bullets is $24.99 at Gander. This guy may be asking this much, but ammunition can be purchased for significantly less elsewhere for very little effort.:twocents:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    325 Federal Automatch can be purchased from PSA for $29.99 or from Gander for $19.99. A 525 pack of Federal or Remington Golden Bullets is $24.99 at Gander. This guy may be asking this much, but ammunition can be purchased for significantly less elsewhere for very little effort.:twocents:

Is it back on the shelves, or are those online prices? I haven't been in the store in a few months.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Is it back on the shelves, or are those online prices? I haven't been in the store in a few months.

I used to work at Gander. Every single time you see .22 in their ad, it will be in store the first day the ad begins. When I quit (last August) they were getting a minimum of a pallet of .22 every time it was in their ad. Usually than had a BUNCH of .22 ammo when it was in the add. We would regularly get in Remington Golden Bullets, Federal Auto Match, Federal Bulk, CCI SV, and Federal Premium Gold Medal.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I wouldn't pay that price, but I've seen the same stuff in local gun shops for at LEAST that price right after Sandy Hook.
    Even worse on GunBroker, Armslist...

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Thank you for the extremely informative and insightful response. I was unaware. Thank you.:ugh:

The 22 ammo shortage has been since Newtown in 2012. There's SO many pointless threads on Ingo about 22 that should be locked or deleted because they're either complaining about the price, the availability, or "how back in the day I would buy bricks for $5".

Those are truly the pointless responses, well back in the day you could buy a new GTO or Mustang for $3k too, doesn't make it relevant now

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    My mistake. I thought this was an open forum for discussing gun related topics. I was unaware it was a forum for discussing gun related topics that M67 deems relevant lest all others be locked. I will make sure to check with you on all future posts and make sure you approve of their relevance. I suggest everyone else do the same.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    My mistake. I thought this was an open forum for discussing gun related topics. I was unaware it was a forum for discussing gun related topics that M67 deems relevant lest all others be locked. I will make sure to check with you on all future posts and make sure you approve of their relevance. I suggest everyone else do the same.

And I thought that since the 835 days since Newtown, that 22 ammo threads would stop popping up. I was unaware that in America and people can't ask whatever they want for their possessions and people are entitled to their own opinions.

MY opinion is I stopped giving a damn about 22 long ago and was hoping that others would do the same; that if people stopped giving a damn that demand would decrease and the supply would catch up. YOUR opinion is that his prices are out of line.

I don't expect everyone to support my opinion, just like I'm sure you don't expect everyone to support yours. You're right, this is a public forum supported by opinions, and I'm merely voicing mine.

Please keep the PMs about thread approval to a minimum for a little bit, since I haven't renewed my site supporter status I have a lot less PM space than I usually do

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Does Gander have this in stock ?????

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    And I thought that since the 835 days since Newtown, that 22 ammo threads would stop popping up. I was unaware that in America and people can't ask whatever they want for their possessions and people are entitled to their own opinions.

MY opinion is I stopped giving a damn about 22 long ago and was hoping that others would do the same; that if people stopped giving a damn that demand would decrease and the supply would catch up. YOUR opinion is that his prices are out of line.

I don't expect everyone to support my opinion, just like I'm sure you don't expect everyone to support yours. You're right, this is a public forum supported by opinions, and I'm merely voicing mine.

Please keep the PMs about thread approval to a minimum for a little bit, since I haven't renewed my site supporter status I have a lot less PM space than I usually do

Except that when expressing YOUR opinion, you suggest suppressing others.

Quote:
    There's SO many pointless threads on Ingo about 22 that should be locked or deleted because they're either complaining about the price, the availability, or "how back in the day I would buy bricks for $5".

Nothing wrong with that!:rolleyes:

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Simple rule, demand dictates price, high demand = equally high or greater price, low demand = a lower price.

Simply put if people realize this and don't buy, the excess glut of 22lr ammo would without doubt force the price down to pre panic prices.

We see this same exact rule in effect and practice every day with gasoline prices because the oil producing nations of the world keep the supply down when it most benefits them and the same now that they have allowed a oil glut for obvious self serving reasons.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I still have a small stash of .22, but its for squirrel hunting. But for me, and since I reload, 9mm and .380 are the new .22 for me. I can reload 9s and .380 for about 5 to 7 cents a round when I cast my own bullets.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I've had relatively little problem sourcing 22LR (CCI SV and Automatch) over the last year. CCI AR Tactical and Mini-Mags have been harder to find, but are still out there.

I've had to pay a BIT more than I did pre-Dec 2012, and often times there has been shipping involved from purchasing from online retailers (not re-sellers) but I haven't come close to paying some of the through-the-nose asks given as examples here and elsewhere.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

(Isn't difficult to figure out who the "flippers" are, is it?)

Top Bottom