I hate to post a "what's it worth?" thread, but here goes...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    What I have is an old JC Higgins shotgun. Research tells me these guns were recalled due to poor design. (Some of them blew up) so, I was going to give it away, but the first guy bought something else, and the second guy bought something else, so I'm asking is there any value other than scrap?

The nature of the recall was that you send in the bolt and receive a check for $150 or whatever, which means this who gun has no bolt, and would be difficult to find.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    JC Higgins? And a model with a safety record. I'd give it to a gunsmith for parts or exchange for a little work (IF they'd even want it).....or stick it on gunbroker and sell it for parts

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    You didn't state if its a bolt or not? Nor did ya give a model number. If you are referring to a JC Higgins bolt action, there is a little info avail. Most JC Higgins bolt shotguns were made by High Standard. There was a partial recall for bolt issues in the 90's. Blue book value of a JC Higgins bolt rated 90% is approx 70 bucks. There is not much collector interest in the Higgins line and normally a Higgins model is priced less than the manufacture model. The 70 dollar figure was for a High Standard, with the Higgins possibly less. I got this info and price from the Blue Book of Guns which I have online subscription.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Top Bottom