• ...and so much more!
  • nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    shooting at paper bores me to tears!

I went to the range today and only shot 2 mags through my AR before packing up and going home. One shot every 3 seconds at a piece of paper with a red circle on it = :rolleyes: (no :zzz: smiley here?)

I guess that's why I enjoy trap so much more, but all my trap buddies are busy due to the holiday.

I really need to find a place where I can shoot some reactive targets!

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    Well I live in Missouri now, so I mainly shoot at the conservation ranges around St Louis (Busch, Henges, and Logan more specifically). Logan is unstaffed so I could probably bring some spinners or steel out there. Since it's currently 105* I opted for the range with the covered booths today.

Mortblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    For me it all depends on if I am just shooting a piece of paper, or shooting to make the smallest possible group on that piece of paper.

For me it is not how many rounds I shoot, but where they land.

There have been several times whe I spent the entire afternoon at the range and only fired a dozen cold bore shots. If they all did what they were supposed to do I considered it an entertaining and successful day.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    Yeah I hear that. My AR only has iron sights though and I guess I was more in the mood to blow something up than to drive tacks today.

My brother and I are going shooting at his local range tomorrow so that will be more fun since we can shoot each others guns that we haven't seen yet and get a good bromance on.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I set up a jungle run at my place last winter with three different courses, a sprint, a jog, and a 30 minute fast hike. I had so much fun running it I was shooting twice as much as I normally do. I held an invitational this spring for some folks with some prizes for best times/accuracy and folks had a lot of fun with it. A lot more fun than plinking at paper. I want to do something with popup targets on my long rifle range, shooting for time/accuracy at 200+ yards.

I haven't run my course since May, but I was running it almost every day during the winter/spring. I'll start again in the fall when the vegetation has died back.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You need to find some place that holds a USPSA/IDPA rifle-style match. It is so much more dynamic and it gives you the opportunity to operate your gear under stress which helps show what areas other than just pulling the trigger you may need to work on.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I know what you mean.

To break it up a week or so ago I just went to the grocery store & grabbed a nice selection of watermelons, giant peppers, cabbages, oranges, etc.

Nothing like blowing up a bit of fruit to have some fun. Watermelons are especially satisfying. As was putting a couple rounds through an old laptop (hard drives do not appear to be bullet proof :)).

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    shooting at paper bores me to tears!

I hear ya man, I started "stretching" out the range of most of my guns at first. "Lets see what kind of group I can get out of my LC9 at 25 yards (not very good). Then I picked up a ruger 22/45. I have been enjoying this one a lot. I put a cheap red dot on, picked up some extra mags and .22 spinning targets. I know the fun won't last forever but it's better than paper for now. The best part is everything for .22's are cheaper! :yesway:

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    if i could drive 10 minutes to linden and have oh... 500 yards. id be happy. but the 100 yards they have marked is the limit.. can you say .22 long rifle all day?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Elevated Arms
    Top Bottom