Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    chuck roast
    1 pack onion soup mix
    1 or 2 rough chopped onion
    couple cloves chopped garlic
    3-4 tsp beef base (or sub same number beef boullion cubes if you must)
    1/2 cup red wine
    couple spoonfuls each of italian seasoning and basil

on low while you work. great shredded italian beef sandwiches.

moving parts of an animal, like beef chuck or pork shoulder do well in the crock pot. the collagen melts and keeps the meat from seeming so dry.

if you want to have your roasts taste more like they've been roasted, rather than simmered, put a bunch of potatoes, celery, and or root veggies in the bottom of the crock pot then place the roast on top. this will keep the meat from sitting in the accumulated juices for hours and stewing. trust me, it makes a big difference.

forgot on the italian beef to throw in a handful of pepperoncini at the beginning. be sure to either remove the stems before eating.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    [h=2]Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Recipe for Crock Pots[/h][h=3]Recipe Ingredients[/h]4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 small cans cream of chicken soup
    1 medium onion, finely diced
    1 can chicken broth
    water
    1 package refrigerated biscuit dough (about 10 ounces)
    [h=3]Cooking Directions[/h]1. Cut chicken breast into bit sized pieces and set aside.
    2. In a slightly greased crock pot or slow cooker, add ingredients consisting of chopped chicken, butter, cream of chicken soup and onion. Next pour chicken broth and water into crock pot to cover the ingredients. Cover the crockpot and cook 5 hours on low heat.
    3. To make dumplings, just roll your refrigerator biscuit dough out into small pancake sizes and cut into strips. Add dumplings to your crock pot, stir in well, turn heat to high and cook for an additional hour or until dumplings are tender and ready to eat.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Recipe for Crock Pots

Recipe Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 small cans cream of chicken soup
    1 medium onion, finely diced
    1 can chicken broth
    water
    1 package refrigerated biscuit dough (about 10 ounces)
    Cooking Directions

1. Cut chicken breast into bit sized pieces and set aside.
    2. In a slightly greased crock pot or slow cooker, add ingredients consisting of chopped chicken, butter, cream of chicken soup and onion. Next pour chicken broth and water into crock pot to cover the ingredients. Cover the crockpot and cook 5 hours on low heat.
    3. To make dumplings, just roll your refrigerator biscuit dough out into small pancake sizes and cut into strips. Add dumplings to your crock pot, stir in well, turn heat to high and cook for an additional hour or until dumplings are tender and ready to eat.
    i can vouch for this one, the wife does something real close to this.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh! I forgot the beef tip stuff we make! Take a pound or two of beef tips, 3 cans mushroom soup, 2 cans cream of celery soup, and a can of french onion soup. cook it til the meat is fork tender, and put it over rice or noodles.

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    yeah buddy. the opportunities are endless. throw in the ingredients and let time take over
    some spare ribs and sauerkraut
    beef tips and cream of mushroom soup
    roast with potatos and carrots
    and my favorite, crock pot Goetta

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That reminds me, pretty good Italian Sausage recipe I just remembered.

Slice a few red peppers (or whatever color bell pepper you prefer) and put in the bottom of the crock pot. I usually use 2 - 4 peppers. Empty a can of rotel tomatoes on top. Lay a package of Italian sausages on top and pour a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over everything. Heat on low for 8 hours or so. I put them into a nice brat bun afterwards with the pepper mix on top, topped with shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese. Nice with an ice cold beer :)

Top Bottom