• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Very true.
    It seems that all LGSs stock the same thing..All plastic striker fired Tupperware that you can barely tell apart. Glock sig s&w all look the same. Feel the same same squishy triggers.
    The good trade in stuff I like, like the S&W double actions the Colt Revolvers
    High Standards Colt Woodsman. 22s all go straight to Gun Joker. That site to me is just for people willing to pay any price for the desireable stuff. The days of walking into a shop and finding a gem are fading away. Don't get me wrong. If you own a shop its your firearms to do with what you see fit. But it wo be nice to see some of that stuff in the case when I walk in.
    Makes me want to look at the classies here.......Lol

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Very true.
    It seems that all LGSs stock the same thing..All plastic striker fired Tupperware that you can barely tell apart. Glock sig s&w all look the same. Feel the same same squishy triggers.
    The good trade in stuff I like, like the S&W double actions the Colt Revolvers
    High Standards Colt Woodsman. 22s all go straight to Gun Joker. That site to me is just for people willing to pay any price for the desireable stuff. The days of walking into a shop and finding a gem are fading away. Don't get me wrong. If you own a shop its your firearms to do with what you see fit. But it wo be nice to see some of that stuff in the case when I walk in.
    Agreed. I have pretty much quit going into LGS for that reason. They could bring back some customers, or even attract more/new customers by having the good trade in's.
    I suppose like any business, they probably have to list them on GB to keep the doors open.
    And for newer, younger people, all they know is "Glock"

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I’ve slowed down a bit, but they keep cranking out new 10mms, I keep buying them. I also jump on decent deals for guns I like. They don’t go bad and they are a liquid asset if I need some cash. It pisses off a certain faction of society that I can own so many of them so I see it as my duty sorta.

I have slowed way down buying reloading components. I have enough to shoot at my current rate well into my 90s, so I pick up a little here and there but well below replacement rate.
    I say that and I just picked up two new 10mms yesterday…. Oh well.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I say that and I just picked up two new 10mms yesterday…. Oh well.
    I shake my head with the decision to fill in whats missing when I started last summer. Buying threaded or having barrels threaded, breaks for quick attach for cans, a ton of scopes to buy for scope less rifles and Contender barrels. Counting primers verses amounts of powder and bullets to match.
    Then with not needing primers, Daddy posts $50.00 a brick small primers and those two orders could have been two new Deltas.
    As Dave Chappelle says, Back in The Game!!!

It seems to be a never ending revolving Clown Circus, my son told me, Pops just quit buying ammo cans and you will have nothing to store things in, I responded, Boog that's why the dehumidifier is in the corner running.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Well... I'm not actively looking for anything...

I could be very happy with what I have right now, but that doesn't mean I won't see something one day that softly whispers "take me home" in my ear.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Well... I'm not actively looking for anything...

I could be very happy with what I have right now, but that doesn't mean I won't see something one day that softly whispers "take me home" in my ear.
    Your wife just texted me, she said its good you're not looking for anything.
    Now get out and clean that garage up!!!

Tradesylver

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    I have to say, 69 this year and cutting back, there are several in my safe that haven't seen the light of day in years and need to find a new home for them. My biggest fear is when I'm gone that the wife sells them for what I said I paid for them. LOL

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Well i am 86 aND STILL BUYING GUNS THAT I Want this month a browning 1911-.380 with a 22 cal top end and a used S&W 669 to play with
    already made a set of ivory grips for the browning ,but it way longer than it yous to do.As long as it is not hurting the finances i will buy.My local pushers (cabelas& pawn shop )keep calling me wirh offerings .Why give up the things that i like

jdfog2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    West Central Indiana
    I am 63. I think I may have started slowing down on quantity but I am probably spending more for better quality. I have started thinking about selling off some of the cheaper stuff, but it sounds like a lot of trouble…
    I'm 63 too and this resonates with where I am. Someone else talked about "scoping the scopeless, fixing some up, etc. I am there too. I have always wanted a "nice" shotgun like a Berretta or a Browning Superposed but I think if I got one I'd then think I needed an even nicer one so I may just stand pat with what I have and be happy with it. (I already have both a 20 and 12 gauge SXS - neither are "fancy" but that's ok.) I MIGHT be moving to Montana in a couple of years. If I do I probably will get an O/U because I'll do a lot more bird hunting.

There's 4 reasons I'd move there:

1) My son moved there and my wife wouldn't mind moving there since he's there (I sorta brought him up to want to move there) ;)
    2) There's Elk and great Bird Hunting there
    3) TROUT
    4) Are you kidding? It's amazing.

Oops, I kinda morphed out of the main topic. :)

JD

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know what I said earlier in this thread, but what if finishing building out something I have required buying a new gun? Does that count? I have a Flux Raider chassis for my P320 and honestly parting it together is more expensive than buying another full sized P320 and scavenging it for parts. So that's the route I've chosen. Put a P320 X-Full size in layaway at HCT yesterday. So, I guess I'm not really done until I'm done.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    As the old man of the mountain (so far) in this thread ..... yeah, I'm done acquiring.
    I'm retired, 72, but I'm not sure age, or need is a factor. It's just a personal decision that happens, like a switch flips. :dunno:
    I tend to agree with this. In my life, I have done things for awhile and then, bam, I'm not doing it anymore.

Running, cycling, Ironman's, restoring cars, furniture building,...and so on.

I see me doing different things in retirement and I am not as interested in shooting anymore and definitely not interested in acquiring more firearms.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Okay.. last gun, right...

When you think you have it all? You really don't...
    Do you have something so big it needs a truck to move around? Yes and it needs to be parked in the garage.

If No.. then your not really done.. think bigger! or think... I need suppressive fire.

1711745709638.jpeg

Top Bottom