• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I don't have anything considerable to do it with. I am going to get some buck shot for the mossberg or use the 4 shot I have. Problem is I know there were at least 10 of them in with the cows last night and the protected forest is FULL of them so a little culling needs done. Getting them close enough for a shotgun will be hard enough but getting more than one will be near impossible. The rest I have is 22s. Suggestions?

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I got plenty of bait they were coming for the puppies I had whining with the door open and their older brother wanting out of the fence. First time I have heard them sing. I was worried when it was just two or three of them and the 8 month old chased them all the way to the property line, now that they are in a lot larger groups I am still worried. I appreciate all the offers just wish someone was closer.. I am looking at you Jay ha jk, and some of my other grant county boys. Also what do you guys think of yote whacking with an m1 carbine?

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Where is Converse??

I could use my LR308 and bring an AR for you to use. Find some roadkill on the way to bait them in close and go to town.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I got plenty of bait they were coming for the puppies I had whining with the door open and their older brother wanting out of the fence. First time I have heard them sing. I was worried when it was just two or three of them and the 8 month old chased them all the way to the property line, now that they are in a lot larger groups I am still worried. I appreciate all the offers just wish someone was closer.. I am looking at you Jay ha jk, and some of my other grant county boys. Also what do you guys think of yote whacking with an m1 carbine?

I think an M1 carbine would work great for yotes, hell people take them out with 22 mags, so I'm sure an M1 will do:yesway: And as far as the shotgun goes, you'd be surprised how close you can get them, and how many shots you can get off before they're out of reach ;)

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    your approximately 48 miles from me, I am south southwest of fort wayne by about 46 miles or so if I remember correctly.
    I will be available every night next week, can't do weekends if I ever want to have sex again those are for the GF.

Let me know.

About 60 miles but to do some Yote whacking I could make the drive.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Almost anything that shoots will do the job. You just have to call them in. If you live close to me. I'd help you call them. I shoot quite a few a year.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Mosin Nagant 7.62x54 would put the big hurt to your yotes. If you can quick prep one for firing(due to the cleaning of storage cosmolene). The M1 carbine is a light, effective round that would be close to ideal for your hunt. I stopped one dead in his tracks w/ 9mm 147gr JHP. Had 14 more in the mag if needed. They do sound like babies whimpering at night when packing up in the fields. Good luck.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    From your profile pic, it looks like you have pitbulls. Let them have a little fun. haha

I wouldn't turn any single dog out if you've got a pack of 10 coyote's out there. I think the ones around me have pretty much decided that dog is the easiest prey they can get. They'll get him out and surround him. No dog has much chance against a pack of 10 yote's.

I too wish I was closer to lend a helping hand

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Suggestions?

Traps and snares work while you're not there, you can get quite a few coyotes off of one large bait pile (dead calf or gut pile). Get a few local trappers on the payroll, they can get a bunch quick, the pelts will be in good shape for a few more weeks.

Last edited:

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I wouldn't turn any single dog out if you've got a pack of 10 coyote's out there. I think the ones around me have pretty much decided that dog is the easiest prey they can get. They'll get him out and surround him. No dog has much chance against a pack of 10 yote's.

I too wish I was closer to lend a helping hand

It was mostly tongue and cheek comment. However, when I was into bulldogs, I knew of guys who would use 2 or 3 bulldogs to rid farms of coyotes and feral dogs. They were quite effective at eliminating whole packs quickly.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom