• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I must have missed your ad on INGO for the roofing job. I'm sure there are lots of good workers on here that could have used $300 to eat. Just an idea for next time. I understand where your coming from and in the end you had to make your own choice you can live with. To some of us it's about more than just a roof job and compromises like hiring POSSIBLE illegal criminals (we don't know for sure) is why our country is in the immigrant mess we are in now. I'd rather see them all starve than rape our welfare and healthcare system and yes they are doing that.
    I don't hate you dude just so you know.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Guys, not all are illegal. Many are here legally on work visas, and they work hard to send money back home before their time is up. Don't hate the players, hate the game, and until we get our borders shut, this is what's gonna happen a lot.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We had some Mexican neighbors a few years ago, they broke out 100' of sidewalk and a 30' long two car wide driveway by hand, then hand-mixed SEVERAL pallet loads of sacrete on a 4x8 sheet of plywood to repour it and finish it again by hand.

Anyone that says they're lazy, as a group, are idiots.

Definitely don't have a problem with the work ethic, just a problem with the 11 million+ illegals they are preparing to make citizens, and don't make any bets that they don't!

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    This winter when you get the inevitable ice damn back up and your new spectacular roof starts leaking , you gonna call them back to honor their warranty ?

Here's a clue for folks when dealing with American contractors , if you have three or four turn your job down , there's something wrong about you or the job itself and they don't want to get involved with it .

It could be that your talking to bums , your not wanting to pay enough or that they see something about the job that needs more work than you want to pay for , so they'd rather not get involved .

I know other contractors here can vouch for that if they'd care to chime in , some jobs you just have to turn down .

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    We had some Mexican neighbors a few years ago, they broke out 100' of sidewalk and a 30' long two car wide driveway by hand, then hand-mixed SEVERAL pallet loads of sacrete on a 4x8 sheet of plywood to repour it and finish it again by hand.

Anyone that says they're lazy, as a group, are idiots.

Definitely don't have a problem with the work ethic, just a problem with the 11 million+ illegals they are preparing to make citizens, and don't make any bets that they don't!

As a husband of a "city" school teacher: The work ethic doesn't seem to be hereditary.

With as hard as many immigrants work, you'd think their kids would at least TRY to do well in school. It doesn't take too long for most "Latin-heritage" kids to emulate their lazy American schoolmates. The kids that DO work the hardest (at least in my wife's experience) are the kids from SE Asia - the Chin / Burmese refugees.

I still want to know how it's known that these men are Mexican...

-J-

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I must have missed your ad on INGO for the roofing job. I'm sure there are lots of good workers on here that could have used $300 to eat. Just an idea for next time. I understand where your coming from and in the end you had to make your own choice you can live with. To some of us it's about more than just a roof job and compromises like hiring POSSIBLE illegal criminals (we don't know for sure) is why our country is in the immigrant mess we are in now. I'd rather see them all starve than rape our welfare and healthcare system and yes they are doing that.
    I don't hate you dude just so you know.

First of all, why would people eat $300.00? That's just silly. Buy food with the cash. It's healthier, better tasting, and unless you were paid in singles, it is more filling.

What is a possible illegal criminal? Everyone in the United States who is capable of possibly breaking one of our ten trillion laws. Change lanes without signaling? One mile over the speed limit? You are now an illegal criminal. Should you be barred from working? From eating?

You know what crimes I care about? Murder, rape, and theft. Just about all of the others are used to perpetuate and justify the theft from and rape of real workers by big government.

You literally just said you would prefer that a fellow man starve than work. That's pretty sick and in my eyes you lost the supposed moral high ground you were trying to claw your way up.

I don't hate you, just so you know. I'm just disappointed that you want to see other humans die of starvation for moving out of a region that was killing them via starvation (if not of the belly, then of the soul). We don't choose where we are born or how wealthy we are at birth, but we are capable of choosing to better ourselves and the world around us.

When you and your family are starving, are you going to wait in line so some blood sucker won't label you a criminal, or are you going to man up and get to work?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oh well I don't agree with you there dude. Starve em. I don't care. If it were up to me there corpses would be laying in the desert on the way in. And I still would believe I did the right thing for my country. This is a war plain and simple. We are losing. My child's future is more important to me than a fart in the wind.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Did they have insurance? If not and one of them had got hurt you would have been singing a completely different tune.

I have absolutely no problem hiring Mexicans. The absolutely work their ___ off, and are appreciative of the work, but I do require they be held to the same business standards as everyone else.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can understand having illegals do the job, I guess. I can't understand being proud of it.

I also don't understand how folks wonder how the middle class continues to shrink. Moral ambivalence for illegal aliens and cheering the busting of the unions for trades, encouraging J1Bs and "globalization" for the modern technical trades, and you wonder.

No, let's be proud and go ahead and hire illegals. Then let's sit around and wonder why both you and your wife have to work to make ends meet and strangers are raising your kids (if they aren't raising themselves). Our grandparents sure didn't do it that way, but it can't be OUR faults. Its the lack of a gold standard (that they didn't have, either) or the politicians (which they had as well), or whatever else we blame. Except ourselves and our own cheering of the destruction of our labor force. Yup, that's something to be proud of.

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    I can understand having illegals do the job, I guess. I can't understand being proud of it.

I also don't understand how folks wonder how the middle class continues to shrink. Moral ambivalence for illegal aliens and cheering the busting of the unions for trades, encouraging J1Bs and "globalization" for the modern technical trades, and you wonder.

No, let's be proud and go ahead and hire illegals. Then let's sit around and wonder why both you and your wife have to work to make ends meet and strangers are raising your kids (if they aren't raising themselves). Our grandparents sure didn't do it that way, but it can't be OUR faults. Its the lack of a gold standard (that they didn't have, either) or the politicians (which they had as well), or whatever else we blame. Except ourselves and our own cheering of the destruction of our labor force. Yup, that's something to be proud of.

Well said.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The illegals aren't the problem.... its the Welfare system and the lazy Americans that don't want to work that are the problem in this country.

Take away welfare and make CITIZENS do something to earn their way and all of a sudden there are less jobs for Mexicans who don't have lush Welfare Checks coming their way in their homeland.

Illegal immigration is filling a niche that WE ARE CREATING. Don't blame the Mexicans who want to work and don't blame the Americans who need workers and can't find them elsewhere. Blame US for allowing politicians to **** up our country.

We are the problem!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The illegals aren't the problem.... its the Welfare system and the lazy Americans that don't want to work that are the problem in this country.

Bull poo, bull poo, bull poo.

My dad, a former union carpenter, branched out on his own and ran his own construction company for years. He was good at it and had more business than he could handle. He expanded, had three crews running, and had plenty of hard working AMERICAN workers. He offered health insurance and paid 10% of the premium per year of service (maxed out at 5), paid his taxes, paid worker's comp, etc.

Then the Mexicans came to our area. You can't underbid someone living 10 to an apartment, not paying worker's comp, not paying taxes, not offering any benefits to their workers. Not and have enough to live on. So, he had to fold. Not all at once, but over about 3 years, they put him out of business.

That put about 20 Americans who were far from lazy out of work. No one's hiring American carpenters when they can get illegals for 1/3 of the price, and if one of them gets hurt you just throw them away and pick up a new one. So, is it lazy to not take a job that won't let you pay your mortgage note and utilities?

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    This winter when you get the inevitable ice damn back up and your new spectacular roof starts leaking , you gonna call them back to honor their warranty ?

Here's a clue for folks when dealing with American contractors , if you have three or four turn your job down , there's something wrong about you or the job itself and they don't want to get involved with it .

It could be that your talking to bums , your not wanting to pay enough or that they see something about the job that needs more work than you want to pay for , so they'd rather not get involved .

I know other contractors here can vouch for that if they'd care to chime in , some jobs you just have to turn down .

I disagree, a couple years ago I called 5 contractors to get a quote to put a roof over my patio.
    Only 2 showed that said they would, only one even provided a quote even though both said they would.
    I realize a 2-3 thousand dollar job isn't big but I expected more than being ignored.
    If you are a contractor and don't want the job, say so. You will at least earn my respect.:twocents:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The Mexican's I hired did it for $300 and I even gave them a tip for a total of $340 because they not only did the job, but they did it well, and when I wanted it done.

Did you factor in the hot sauce they used? :D

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Where did you find these guys? Like someone else said you would be singing a very different tune had one of them fallen off your roof. You would of been supporting his family most likely

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bull poo, bull poo, bull poo.

My dad, a former union carpenter, branched out on his own and ran his own construction company for years. He was good at it and had more business than he could handle. He expanded, had three crews running, and had plenty of hard working AMERICAN workers. He offered health insurance and paid 10% of the premium per year of service (maxed out at 5), paid his taxes, paid worker's comp, etc.

Then the Mexicans came to our area. You can't underbid someone living 10 to an apartment, not paying worker's comp, not paying taxes, not offering any benefits to their workers. Not and have enough to live on. So, he had to fold. Not all at once, but over about 3 years, they put him out of business.

That put about 20 Americans who were far from lazy out of work. No one's hiring American carpenters when they can get illegals for 1/3 of the price, and if one of them gets hurt you just throw them away and pick up a new one. So, is it lazy to not take a job that won't let you pay your mortgage note and utilities?

Yeah and there are hundreds of employers who will tell you that illegals are the only ones willing to work their crops.... clean their toilets.... spray their insulation... show up on time to work etc....

What you describe isn't the illegals fault... it is OUR FAULT. We allow this system PERIOD.

Illegal Immigration happens because WE THE PEOPLE don't put a stop to it. All of those policies you describe WE ALLOW. Our country is ****ed up because of us... not because of Mexicans or Muslims or Politicians or Jews or whatever. Its because we have become decadent and complacent as a people. Illegals live 10 deep in apartments, don't pay workmans comp and don't pay taxes because WE ALLOW our politicians to make it that way.

Top Bottom