I hope they restrict crossbows next hunting season.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    i personally love the x bows. got my 150 class buck and 5 bonus does this season shooting off my back deck. was warm enough that i could still wear shorts, sweatshirt and my camo crocks. and it is about money!!! i saved at least $20 not using my outdoor infrared heater.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    i personally love the x bows. got my 150 class buck and 5 bonus does this season shooting off my back deck. was warm enough that i could still wear shorts, sweatshirt and my camo crocks. and it is about money!!! i saved at least $20 not using my outdoor infrared heater.

location!

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    I would like to see Indiana start a primitive hunting season in (September for deer and maybe earlier than normal for small game). That way people have ANOTHER opportunity to get out and hunt.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I have really enjoyed crossbow hunting with my Excalibur recurve this archery season and am happy they changed the rules to open up more of the season to others.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I have really enjoyed crossbow hunting with my Excalibur recurve this archery season and am happy they changed the rules to open up more of the season to others.
    Same here...I bought an Excaliber Phoenix...they really are fun to shoot and I enjoy hunting with it.. Shot my first deer this week with a crossbow (doe). And..shot my first deer today with my .450 Bushmaster..10pt in Kentucky this morn..Indiana next weekend.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Bottem line, crossbows are for the pansies who want to hunt pre rut and are not willing to put in the time and practice to hunt with a real bow.

You premitive, long, and recurve bow hunters have my up-most respect. You guys are true hunters IMO. I am a compound bow hunter and this year,for the first time, I am using my muzzleloader for gun season. Normally I take the bow out through every season. But I'm going to give the gun hunting a try.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bottem line, crossbows are for the pansies who want to hunt pre rut and are not willing to put in the time and practice to hunt with a real bow.

You premitive, long, and recurve bow hunters have my up-most respect. You guys are true hunters IMO. I am a compound bow hunter and this year,for the first time, I am using my muzzleloader for gun season. Normally I take the bow out through every season. But I'm going to give the gun hunting a try.

So you're reverting to name calling. Nice!

Last edited:

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Both sides can clearly see why they are in the right and no opinions are going to be changed here. Who cares what the other guy thinks anyway. The law is the law and it is what it is, like it or not. Time to focus on firearm season now. ;)

Top Bottom