• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Hearing people say that they ankle carry, or pocket carry a sub compact glock makes me think that my pants are way too small. There is no way I could fit a glock on my ankle without printing like I had on spandex jogging pants. Pocket carry is difficult to wrap my head around too, because every pair of pants that I own the pistol sticks half out of my font pocket. How is it that people can make this work without dressing like MC Hammer in the 90's?

I know what you mean. I'm a smaller guy anyway. It doesn't matter what type of pants i have on the 26 prints extremely bad and is like an ankle weight.

Actually you can make a G23 smaller. Its called a grip chop. I would rather have a chopped G23 than a 27. After I get a G24 I'll be getting a G23 for the sole purpose of chopping it for deeper concealment. (don't worry I will eventually get a G23 to keep standard, but the chopped one will be first, and then, after I have all the other .40 Glocks, I will get a 27 to complete the collection)

Yeah, I know about cutting grips down. But it sounds like he is wanting to buy a Glock that he can carry Winter/Summer. If it were my first Glock I wouldn't be chopping the grip. The only benefit that I could see of cutting the grip would be to have a longer barrel. I have shot a lot but i feel just as accurate with my G26 as I am with my G19.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    You carry the G27 on your ankle? WOW What kind of ankle holster are you wearing to keep it in place?
    A couple years ago when I started ankle carrying I adjust my shoes to 6" lace up work-type boots and boot cut jeans/slacks. The rig always rests on the boot top and there is no weight or discomfort at all. My holster is a Galco Ankle Glove. It's the AG494 model and is for the G26/27. It will also hold the G19/23 but those guns have just a little too long grip to easily hide and draw. I wish I would have found this outfit a year ago and not have had to use the elasticcy one-size-fits-all.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    A couple years ago when I started ankle carrying I adjust my shoes to 6" lace up work-type boots and boot cut jeans/slacks. The rig always rests on the boot top and there is no weight or discomfort at all. My holster is a Galco Ankle Glove. It's the AG494 model and is for the G26/27. It will also hold the G19/23 but those guns have just a little too long grip to easily hide and draw. I wish I would have found this outfit a year ago and not have had to use the elasticcy one-size-fits-all.

I've always carried IWB. I started out with a cheap holster carried that way for a few years. This year my wife bought me the CrossBreed holster. I didn't realize how much finding the right set up, comfortable set up, makes all the difference.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Get an SP01 slide release and an extended mag release. I have 2 of the former available. I switched out for the shorter 75 slide release on my Shadows because I have big monkey thumbs.

As for the mag release
    CZ D Style Extended Magazine Release

Problem solved, without resorting to an ugly plastic gun. :D (I've owned no fewer than half a dozen Glocks and am a GSSF member, I can say that)

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I vote for the 23. I mean really, at what range will you be shooting a handgun? Is there anything you can do with a 22 that you can't do with a 23 at 25 yards?

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Thanks for the input guys.

I was initially leaning towards getting a 23, however, I am eligible for the blue label Glocks, and my local dealer said that the 23s are hard to come by due to LE demand. He can get one for me, but it'll be February at the earliest. They have a ton of 22s and 27s. I don't disagree on the shoot-ability of the 27s, and for that matter, a Gen 3 27 is the only Glock that I've ever fired. I just have preferences. :D

I had a CZ RAMI in .40, which I eventually grew tired of the short grip, and added a pinky extension base plate. Shortly there after, I figured I might as well go ahead and use the extended magazines for it, since, they were about the same size. Well, one thing led to another, and I just ended up carrying my P01, then since my 75 was "trimmer" (the P01 had rubber base pad magazines that stuck out, and a decocker, where as my 75s had none of that) I finally ended up with the CZ75 that I carried for quite some time, so the whole Glock 27 + grip extension thing, will just lead me to a 22 anyway... :) I said all that to say, that if I buy a 27 - it's going to be a compliment to a larger gun, and its not going to get any of those grip extensions.

Does anyone have both the full size and the mid size and end up carrying one of the other on a regular basis?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think the 23 is an excellent size that can pretty much cover most needs. I have a G23 and a G27 and love them both. The G23 was my first Glock and by far my favorite. I also have the sub2k in .40 that shares my Glock mags. I really love the setup.

.40Karma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Cedar Lake
    For what it's worth, I too share your disdain for Glocks. Firearms have a unique ability to not only be useful tools, buy be aesthetically pleasing as well (Beretta 85Fs Cheetah). Too bad Glock chose to concentrate exclusively on the former. Yes, they are wonderfully reliable and virtually bulletproof, but they are boring as hell. But then again, what do I know...:dunno:

In your original post, you said your buddy opted for a Walther; what did he get?

richardh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Iowa
    I got the G23C for carry since it was so similar to my G22 duty. Then I realized compensated was not recommended for SD carry so I got G36. All shoot very much the same. The G36 is a tad thinner. I carry IWB. I've come to conclude the grip height is more important when considering how concealable it may be.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    i too have hands on the small side and the 23's frame fit me better and i actually shoot better with it than with the 22 i used to have. That may night be an issue with the gen 4's, but something to think about

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I have no problem concealing a G34, If you were going .40, I HIGHLY recommend either a 27/23, and a 35.

go to a decent gun store and try them all on. I'm sure several stores would assist you with that in a low traffic part of the day.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I posted a picture man... What more do you want? haha I usually carry with the 23 size grip because I am kinda thin and don't want it to print. Slide and barrel wise they will both shoot about the same for any distance you will probably want it for. 23 is a good middle of the road for grip size. Like I said though, with a chopped G22 and a regular G35 in my possession I don't really have a want for a G23 right now. I have the grip size with a little extra barrel.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Well... I ordered both a 22 & a 23!!! :D Now I just have to wait for them to come in.

I should be seeing the 22 shortly after the new year, and the 23 a few months after that.

Jetrefz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    if you are on the fence i would go glock 23. if you dont like it then the g23 will be easier to sell than the g22. it seems like everybody has a g22. The g 27 is a good option because if you add the plus one extension from pearce it almost feels like a full size pistol but it is very concealable but this is a decision that you have to make. try to hit up somebody that has both and try them out because shooting before you buy is big bonus

454comp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    i agree with an earlier post, you can make a g27 bigger but the 22,and23 can't be made smaller. i'm 6'1 and 230 i can conceal my g22 and g27 no problem with shorts and a t-shirt with an IWB holster, but i almost always choose the 27 because it feels better if im sitting at dinner,movie , car ect.... good luck

Top Bottom