• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    I bought my first Glock, it's a 22 RTF with gills. After a trip to the range we will see if it becomes a family member, or gets put up for adoption.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Welcome to the dark side! If you plan CC'ing that thing it will wear a hole in a shirt/under shirt rather quickly. That RTF grip is pretty sharp. Post a Pic.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I've never handled the RTF, is it rougher than the gen 4?

Can't say compared to a Gen4 (never handled one) but i carry the exact same gun as the OP...except mine has straight serrations in the slide and not the gills.

The feel of an RTF (Rough Textured Frame) is extremely aggressive...i usually compare mine to a medium grit sandpaper. I would take a guess as say that its the same feel as Talon Grips (http://talongungrips.com/grips/glock/) but ive never handled a gun with those on it.

Some say its rough enough to rub holes in a tucked in shirt, but i have never experienced this and i carry mine IWB. I do know that it is rough enough to leave a slight "burn" on your forearm if you swing your arms when you walk (ask me how i know :):)

That being said...i wouldn't want any other stock Glock frame. It gives such a positive grip, im confident that i could hold on to it even if my hands were covered in water, sweat, blood, and/or motor oil

Last edited:

DKY197

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Monroe County
    I was comparing the two yesterday, and the RTF is more aggresive than the Gen 4. The owner of the two I was comparing has had probably 10 glocks in 5 years and has never traded the RTF, which was his first. Good find.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Did you handle the M&P prior to purchasing the Glock? If so how did you choose the Glock over the M&P? For me, the M&P wins everywhere...looks, ergonomics(feel), trigger, grip angle, steel magazines, and made in America. Not trying to turn this into a debate...this is a question for the OP only.

toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    Did you handle the M&P prior to purchasing the Glock? If so how did you choose the Glock over the M&P? For me, the M&P wins everywhere...looks, ergonomics(feel), trigger, grip angle, steel magazines, and made in America. Not trying to turn this into a debate...this is a question for the OP only.
    I have never held the M&P, but I knew the model of Glock was no longer available. Years from now someone might ask if I have seen a Glock with gills, and I can say I have one.

Last edited:

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Some say its rough enough to rub holes in a tucked in shirt, but i have never experienced this and i carry mine IWB. I do know that it is rough enough to leave a slight "burn" on your forearm if you swing your arms when you walk (ask me how i know :):)

That being said...i wouldn't want any other stock Glock frame. It gives such a positive grip, im confident that i could hold on to it even if my hands were covered in water, sweat, blood, and/or motor oil

I have not had any issues with putting holes in shirst since upgrading to a good holster!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Welcome to the Dark Side, brother.
    As Youngda9 said, the M&P is also a great piece of equipment, the only down side I see is costing twice as much to upgrade the trigger.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]1911 & M&P Mechanic

toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    Welcome to the Dark Side, brother.
    As Youngda9 said, the M&P is also a great piece of equipment, the only down side I see is costing twice as much to upgrade the trigger.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]1911 & M&P Mechanic
    How much do you charge to upgrade the trigger, and what days are you at USDS?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Luke, I am your father. Just kidding, not that dark side! Congrats!

Top Bottom