• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Sitting with the wife at Outback in the Castleton Square Area of Indy, Glock -22 on my hip, cause it's still the land of the free, home of the brave, and not yet the land of the weak, home of the afraid...
    Your carrying for all of us brother, thanks.

Last edited:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I've carried at 2:15 for years...no worries about printing since the shirt naturally flows over the gun. You will print like a mo-fo if you carry at 4:00 and bend or stoop in any way, it's gravity working against you...nothing you can do about it. Some people don't care about that in the least, I do (concealed for a reason). Do what is most comfortable for YOU no matter what others say (as long as it's legal).

Congrats...it will get MUCH more comfortable as time goes on. I feel uncomfortable without my sidearm now, it's become that much a part of my wardrobe.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OP, the belt is equally as important as the holster for concealment, stability, and comfort. Make sure you have a belt designed for carrying a firearm.

Many here, myself included, are fans of the Daltech Force SuperBio belt.

Use coupon code "INGO" for a discount.

GREAT belt. I can take my pants off, throw them on the bed, and the belt holds them open. It is that stiff. Makes a noticeable difference with my Canik's QuickClaw holster

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Congratulations, OP!

If I may offer a suggestion: practice concealed carrying through home carry. You'll get used to the feel/weight of your holster/pistol, and you'll stop worrying about printing, or being paranoid about the need to tug on your shirt. Also: you'll get the added bonus of being in the habit of home carrying. :)

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Yes. Congrats to you OP! I've had & carried now for a little over a year. You do get used to it... To the point that you want it there all the time! I have mine on from morning when I get up till when I lay down at night. Now get training & join the NRA!

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Way to go, OP!

Back before I first started carrying my mentor told me, "You'll feel like there's a brick on your hip that everyone can see and, in truth, nobody will even notice or care." He was right. Don't be hard on yourself. Just keep on carrying and, along the way, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't.

Sure it is. False sense of security. "I'll be fine, I have a gun". Not everyone, but there are certainly many who will go places/do things with a gun that they wouldn't without.
    Sure. But, 9 times out of 10 I'd rather fight someone who has no gun.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yeah it's weird at first. You'll get comfortable with it eventually and won't care if it gets seen, and will feel naked without it.:twocents:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've had my LTCH for about 10 months now. I just got around to buying my first two holsters. Both fit decent for IWB and I'm trying to figure out if I want to wear at 2:26 or 3:34 because my belt loop is getting in the way. :)

I'm also trying to find out where the gun fits best into the small of my back for a 4:00 carry. I can definitely see how people are worried about printing and constantly fussing with their shirts. With the 4:00 carry I find that the handle of the gun gets away and starts sticking out of the back of my shirt quite a bit. I've worn my holsters around the house for the past few days. They're pretty comfy!

I went out to the grocery store today with my handgun. Driving was pretty comfortable. I decided NOT to wear a coat. Balls to the wall, right? I wore a thin ribbed long sleeve shirt. I'm a skinny guy, so I think this was a pretty big accomplishment. Terrifying? No. I definitely have a little ways to go before I am totally comfortable with carrying in public.

Welcome aboard! Good luck to you.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    OP, the hardest thing for me was to quit tugging at my shirt because of my edc and attire, I thought my weapon was out on display. I don't really "care" if people see that I'm armed I just prefer to be the guy nobody notices. I'm even-keel on the open/cc carry thing. I have no problem with somebody doing OC It's just I prefer to be concealed. I think most people are clueless unless you are obvioius with what you have. I had a LEO friend of mine tell me that if I was going to carry, do it all the time without fail. There might be a time when you reach for it and it might not be there. I don't know if it was wise but that's the mindset I adopted.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Congrats OP. Just remember, 99.9% of folks out there are totally oblivious to the world. YOU ARE LUCKY THEY EVEN KNOW *YOU* EXIST as you walk around near them. Never mind them noticing even what color shirt you are wearing, let alone that there is a bulge. Most if they even notice it will chalk it up to a cell phone in a holster. Dont sweat printing. Seriously.

Hell, I can walk around OCing and the number of people who dont notice is astounding. Even those that acknowledge I am there still dont typically look down and see the weapon. Damn scary really...

And yes, go get training. LOTS of it. Not only is it fun, it is your responsibility IMHO.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Congrats. Being a slimmer guy I usually move the gun back to 5 -530 clock with more sever cant. This way the butt tucks up in my back. I can bend over, reach up, do whatever and the butt of the gun doesn't poke out like at 3-4 clock. Some on here don't believe it but I don't care. For some it seems like an impossibility to carry a 1911 in a NORMAL sized t shirt. But my body style and the 1911 go together like peas and carrots.

I know my first time CC'ing it really felt like everyone was looking at me. Kind of like going to class not sober for the first time. Walking in late I felt all eyes on me.

What gun do you carry? I don't really thing taking classes and what not is necessary to protect yourself. There are many cases around the US of normal ordinary citizens defending themselves and their families without taking all kinds of tactical pistol courses.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Before you know it, you won't even notice it... until it's NOT on your hip.
    I still have issues though... like getting all dressed, belt & gun on, and THEN I have to go to the bathroom... Us skinny guys have trouble keeping the pants from falling to the floor when we undo our belt.
    I use an Ares ranger belt... way stiff. Sharktac OWB holster that has J clips so I can take it off and on without removing the belt. I also run an ankle holster.
    What others have said is true... you'll go round and round with carry options/holsters...
    Just remember, no one is paying attention to you... you're way more concerned about printing/showing than anyone else is.
    Train train train... with your carry rig and dress attire... then train more. It's amazing what you learn about your gear.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    :yesway: OPs post is VERT approved!

I have carried a pistol for years and I still fuse over where the holster sits. Darn belt loops are always in the way and seem to move around depending on the pants. A good belt really helps.

and once you actually get a good belt, some of the loops are too tight for the belt... :dunno:

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    What gun do you carry? I don't really thing taking classes and what not is necessary to protect yourself. There are many cases around the US of normal ordinary citizens defending themselves and their families without taking all kinds of tactical pistol courses.[/QUOTE]

And why hasn't anyone jumped on this yet ?:boxing:

MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    Good Job OP!
    My first time cc'ing today. Just a quick trip to town but as other's have stated, I kept waiting for someone to notice. My choice is the Daltech belt, Alien Gear IWB and FNX9.
    Now off to practice my draw, you can never practice enough IMHO.
    Oh, one question for the experienced CC'ers, How long before it feels part of your being?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good Job OP!
    My first time cc'ing today. Just a quick trip to town but as other's have stated, I kept waiting for someone to notice. My choice is the Daltech belt, Alien Gear IWB and FNX9.
    Now off to practice my draw, you can never practice enough IMHO.
    Oh, one question for the experienced CC'ers, How long before it feels part of your being?

With regular carry, not long.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    What gun do you carry? I don't really thing taking classes and what not is necessary to protect yourself. There are many cases around the US of normal ordinary citizens defending themselves and their families without taking all kinds of tactical pistol courses.

And why hasn't anyone jumped on this yet ?:boxing:[/QUOTE]

Cause its true?

Top Bottom