• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    RG revolvers...Proof that Germans are capable of making bad things.....

One of my customers collects 1960's-1970's era police firearms and accessories...I had an RG (with a pinned barrel no less) in the shop for about $35 one time and when he saw it he about broke his arm reaching for his wallet...

I said to him, "This is not really your bag....I thought you liked vintage police firearms?"

He said, "I do...But if I am going to collect vintage police firearms from the 1970's shouldn't I also have examples of 1970's liquor store robbers handguns?"

"Point...Let me get your 4473 and I'll eat the tax..."

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Did a detail tear down and clean then I got to take it to the range last weekend. Fun little gun to shoot, no recoil since it is a 22. Under no circumstances would I consider it
    --a gun for new people to shoot. It had 3 ftf's in the 8 or 9 firing sessions. Worse is the fact that it is almost impossible not to sweep your finger when unloading and loading since you have to unscrew and REMOVE the cylinder screw to get the cylinder to swing out. I don't like my hands hanging out that long in front of the cylinder let alone the barrel. If one of those ftf's turns into a hang fire that could get ugly.
    --defensive gun, it takes significant time to reload this thing and having 3 ftf's out of 48-54 rounds is not good enough and, well, it is a 22 with a very short barrel.

It did group well though.

Top Bottom