• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    ive had glasses sense 2nd grade. little over 30 yrs. the glasses have saved my eyes from getting injured a few times. i doubt i would have had safety glasses on if i did not wear glasses. i still remember getting my first glasses. remember a billboard that ive seen several times then i know what it was. and trees had leaves. still remember it 30 yrs later

gamecrimez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Lafayette
    I have had to wear glasses since I was like 2. I have had 2 eye surgeries & still have to wear them. I cant see without mine, well I can see things real close but not words. I know my dad hated it when I 1st got them as according to him we went thru a lot of pairs. I hated wearing glasses when I was younger had big thick lens but now I don't mind. I had broke them a few years ago & had to go without til I got new 1s & what a relief it was when I got them.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I was looking more for something more dedicated toward shooting. I could get shatter resistant lenses for my frames but they're thicker and don't lend themselves well to earmuffs or rifle butts.

now i'm just a newbie be i have had on muffs and shot rifles with my new eyes and i have not had any trouble.....i picked some smaller frame lens glasses at first then the doc said i should try a bigger lens frame for shooting and she was right......

hope you find something that will work for you.....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm curious when the decline in your eyesight was.

I'm 41 now and at 40, I tested at 20/20 - the eye doctor was jealous. I had noticed some decline so it's highly likely my vision was better than 20/20 when in my twenties. I don't recall the results of the few exams I've had.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    at 43 i went to the eye doc to have a piece of metal removed from my eye and had a complete exam.......they said my long ranger vision was fine and just need readers to read.....i ask why and he said your getting old.....

before then the last exam i had was when i was in middle school so i don't have much to go off of......

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Been wearing glasses since the 3rd grade. First thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off at night. Been putting off getting a new exam, know its going to be bad. Optometrist told me last time that I was almost ready for bifocals.
    I still have both pairs of Freddie the Rapist glasses I got in bootcamp!:rockwoot:

Doug

PS - (AKA - "Clark Kents:))

Ahhhh, the ol birth control specs!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I'm 55 and doc keeps telling me its about time for bifocals….hate the ideal…heard so many say its ok, and some say they just suck…but its getting to the place like reading I could use them…that part is getting worse….so how you guys like bifocals…..lines…no lines…..or forget them.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close

no line bifocals are hard to get use to......makes you high step a little...:):

I'm also 52. Had to bite the bullet last summer and got progressive bifocals to pass the DOT medical exam. It took me a long time to get used to them, especially wearing them while going down stairs. I also banged my knee a couple of times on truck bumpers while adjusting to wearing glasses.

Finally decided to just have them in my pocket unless I was driving a commercial vehicle or reading.

Top Bottom