I just stole a package off someone's porch...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    FedEx says I missed my delivery today. It says "Delivery Exception - Customer Unavailable" at 2:25 pm...I got home at 2:35. But the location noted is Zionsville, not Indy where I live and where it's being delivered.

Something fishy there.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    But it was my package, delivered to the wrong house. This is the 2nd time FedEx has delivered my stuff to this house even though my address was on the package and didn't match the address on the front of the house it was delivered to. I lodged a complaint with FedEx but I doubt it goes anywhere.

Had the same thing happen to me multiple times, always the same wrong house. After enough detailed complaints to FedEx and shipper using them, FedEx made the driver come to my house when I was home and verify it was the correct address so it did not happen again.

I did threaten the shipper to go somewhere else that would not use FedEx as I was fedup chasing packages. They complained to FedEx that their mistakes were costing them business and it needed to get fixed.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    our ups driver started dumping our packages at the end of our driveway (roughly 2.5 football fields long) and it took SEVERAL phone calls to get that squared way. The dispatch manager said their only requirement is leaving the package on the property.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a house number that ended in 42, and once a month I would get a large box of frozen steaks that were for the people whose house number ended in 24. I always walked it down to them, as tempting as it was to fire them on my grill.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Fed-X/UPS guys are not happy people.
    Ask as I may I can not get them to walk 25' farther up the drive and put the packages by the back door under the car port. They leave them out front in plain view.

A few years ago I ordered some wheels and the UPS guy, thankfully left them on the back porch since I didn't answer the door. However, I didn't know they had been delivered until I called because the tracking code showed they had been delivered 2 days before.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I guess comparing the number on the package(s) to what is on the house is too much to ask.

My neighbors and I gave up on good service from UPS, USPS, and Fedex. We look out for each other. We absolutely know better than to open mail or packages without double checking the name, address, and/or shipping labels.

Most just couldn't find employment in the fast food industry. Everyone needs employment contrary to what some might say.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We went out for dinner tonight. As we were leaving, we discovered a large box (amazingly enough...another Pampered Chef order) sitting next to the road. Our driveway is 800 feet long and I had no plans to go anywhere tomorrow. I'm guessing if we had not gone out tonight, I would have never gotten that box. The order still showed as unshipped this morning so I had no idea it was out for delivery. UPS opens the gate and comes up. Fed Ex refuses to do so...against their policy.

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    A couple of days ago I watched a car screech into my neighbor's driveway (seriously, screeching rubber). A guy jumps out and throws a package against the garage door. The guy jumps back into his car, and races off. I believe it was an Amazon delivery. It's amazing how package delivery has changed. We normally get emails telling us delivery status, so we haven't lost any packages. That said, I have received several packages from a house several streets over with transposed house numbers. I just drive them over (and look like an Amazon delivery guy). :)

Dutch68

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    apt
    Hey Frank , You sure that package was yours , because I've been missing one for me FEDEX can't find---It's been about 15 months now

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    fed ex package(green logos) are owned by independent contractors who "buy" routes, and hire anybody to drive the trucks and are paid by the person who owns the route, fed ex express (red logos) are employed by fed ex, and are paid by fed ex.

that said, we've had great package drivers over the years! I work in ky, and live in Indiana, and had a gun being shipped from the factory to me (ati repaired a gsg5) and was asking the driver where I could pick it up, it was due to be delivered the next day, when he said that the center closed at 5, I said well i'll leave early one day the next week and pick it up....the next day he walked in with it! he called the route owner, and he grabbed the box at the center and gave it to my driver.

most packages I have delivered to me at work, way to many porch pirates in Evansville! my work isn't very gun friendly, so most of those "special" packages (repairs) I ask them to be held at the centers, but accessories aren't any problem, a guy at work even had a L1a1 kit shipped here

Fed Ex, Home Delivery, are also contractors,

I did a part time gig, during Christmas, a few years back .....

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    A couple of days ago I watched a car screech into my neighbor's driveway (seriously, screeching rubber). A guy jumps out and throws a package against the garage door. The guy jumps back into his car, and races off. I believe it was an Amazon delivery. It's amazing how package delivery has changed. We normally get emails telling us delivery status, so we haven't lost any packages. That said, I have received several packages from a house several streets over with transposed house numbers. I just drive them over (and look like an Amazon delivery guy). :)

Just wait, till they start using Drones .....

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    UPS delivered a wrong package to my home, the address wasn't even close, the street number was the same as mine. I called UPS and informed them, they said someone would be by, three days later UPS was dropping off a package at my house and I give the driver the other package. I guess I've been lucky so far I haven't had a lost package. Well I guess I just jinxed myself.

Top Bottom