• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    cool read, glad you're getting it up and running. just had a similar experience yesterday; i was helping my in-laws move, and my father-in-law brought out an old rifle that he said his dad had won years ago in a raffle at the legion. turns out it's a springfield 1903, serial #799,xxx. it has a paper tag certifying the headspace and test-firing in 1984- that's quite possibly the last time a round has been chambered. he thought it was pretty neat to know the gun is turning 95 this year. next time i go over, i'm gonna grab some pics.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Well I am happy to say that after 4 weeks of calling everyone in the Lower 48 states the 1928 Remington 12a is repaired and firing. This has been the BEST experience I have ever had dealing with guns and weapons. I got to talk to so many wonderful people with the passion that I have. The parts came from New York, South Dakota, and Minnesota. If I did not have the bug I do now I cannot wait for my next restore project. I have my grandfathers Double Barrel shotgun in the back of a closet. Looks like that is going on the bench next and see if I can make it fire again. Thank you everyone for your kind words and your encouragement!!!

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Yeah had that printed off the First day I started investigating this rifle. LOL I am just upset that the serial number page is missing from the Remington info on the internet. It did give me the Month it was built just not the exact date. October of 1928 is good enough for me. Just think this rifle could have been used during the Great Depression as it affected Indiana. This could have been used to feed my wife's relatives. He dad stated he remembered at the age of 10 (1959) hes grandmother stated she would give him the rifle when he was older. So that is the earliest he remembers what and how the gun was used. I like to think that thanks to this rifle my wife's forefathers survived on small game during the great depression. You never know!

Top Bottom