• ...and so much more!
  • five5toad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Greater Indy Metro
    5 words: all you can eat bacon.

YOU GO NOW!!! YOU HERE FOR 4 HOUR!!! WE LOOSE MONEY!!!

The only one left in Indiana is in Jasper. I remember when there was a Shoney's at every interstate exit this side of the Mississippi.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    5 words: all you can eat bacon.

YOU GO NOW!!! YOU HERE FOR 4 HOUR!!! WE LOOSE MONEY!!!

The only one left in Indiana is in Jasper. I remember when there was a Shoney's at every interstate exit this side of the Mississippi.

Golden Corral's breakfast buffet isn't too bad, and you still get the important stuff.. AYCE Bacon :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've wondered what happened to them but I don't really miss them. I have a wonderful wife who is also an awesome cook! Eating out anywhere is always a step down from eating at home for me!

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I grew up in Dubois County. We frequently went to Shoney's for the breakfast buffet and it was always packed. I enjoyed it and they always have free lollipops near the counter for the "kids."

Maybe I just grew up spoiled but are breakfast buffets really that rare? I moved to much larger cities and have no trouble finding decent breakfast joints for the rare times when I desire them.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I had just about forgot about their breakfast buffet. Since I have moved up to here to IN. I don't think I have been to one. Great food though. Will have to put that on my list of stops next time I am Tn.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I don't. Took a roadtrip with the grandparents to FL when I was 12 or so. Two weeks of Shoney's for breakfast and lunch. :n00b:

Last edited:

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    I made the mistake a couple years ago of going to a bar that had all you could drink draft beer on Thu night for $6, and barely survived. I can't imagine what would happen if I went somewhere with all you can eat bacon.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    I'm pretty sure there is still one in Henderson, KY if you get down to the Evansville area. And as a previous post said the french toast sticks are great.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    The last time I ate at a Shoney's I was sitting with Bob Ross talking about Ball State Football in Muncie. That was a lloooonngggg time ago.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm pretty sure there is still one in Henderson, KY if you get down to the Evansville area. And as a previous post said the french toast sticks are great.

Yep, still there on the east side of Hwy 41 on "the strip". I actually went there a couple months ago with my GF for breakfast. Like most buffet style restaurants, disappointment did result

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Golden Corral's breakfast buffet isn't too bad, and you still get the important stuff.. AYCE Bacon :D

There's GC in Bedford that we go to from time to time...enough good eating there to clog a couple arteries in a single meal...good thing the medical center is just a few blocks down the street:D

Top Bottom