• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4_dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Central IN
    Can anyone tell me why eveyone is saying that there is no more AR's or AK's and there will be no more. Has president Obama banned these and I don't know about it? I have not heard anything about this. All I heard is that he wants to ban high cap mags. Does that make these guns worth 2 to 3 times more? I won't pay these prices that people are asking for these. If there was a real ban on these and you could no longer get them I might consider it. I think this is just a bunch of crap that these dealers are saying so you'll buy there guns and it seems to have influenced alot of people.I am just going to ride this out and see what happens. Good luck to everyone with their ridiculous prices.You won't see me paying it.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    most of this is fear mongering and panic buying. The politicians have been talking out of their arses since the CT shooting about AWB and mag limits, so far, it seems to be a stalemate. My advice, hold on to what you have and see where things go.

As far as finding ARs and AKs right now, good luck, the panic buying has sucked up a vast majority of parts and rifles/mags that were in stock in most suppliers.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I asked for a AR15 for Christmas. Wife just told me she was sorry but due to the current political climate, Santa raised his price to double what it was when she put her order in back in November. Just my luck @!$#%$#

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    The president came out and said he would do everything within the power of the office to get a ban through, we will see. Factor in that an AR15 was the gift to get this year along with a media frenzy fed reaction to the awful event in CT and you have a Panic.

Prices have already peaked and are settling down on AR's and they will return to stock in shops, stores and the used markets. Deals will be available over the next few months.

Now,

just imagine if we ran out of something important, like food. How do you think the herd would react to that? That is why I didn't sell my rifles in which I could have easily made a bunch of money because who knows what a real panic would bring......... something to think about.

Rev

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    The president came out and said he would do everything within the power of the office to get a ban through, we will see. about.

Yes he will, it's called, executive powers, he can bypass congress. This will place him in the democrats hall of fame right along obamacare,

Can you imagine that he would be the only President in history to take care of health care and our 2A rights durning his term.

That's sometime the Demos been wanting to do since I have been voting

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Yes he will, it's called, executive powers, he can bypass congress. This will place him in the democrats hall of fame right along obamacare,

Can you imagine that he would be the only President in history to take care of health care and our 2A rights durning his term.

yeah and if he went that route(not saying he wont) it could result in the next American civil war. I hope he doesn't go that route and and dont think he will even if he wants too. The reason being is that while he may not be eligible at this point for re-election, the Dems and their string pullers know that they have to get the repubs on board so that in the 2014 and 2016 elections they dont face a back lash like what happened in 1996 and 2000. Both sides know this and this is why I feel this is nothing but a dog and pony show for all sides.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    yeah and if he went that route(not saying he wont) it could result in the next American civil war. I hope he doesn't go that route and and dont think he will even if he wants too. The reason being is that while he may not be eligible at this point for re-election, the Dems and their string pullers know that they have to get the repubs on board so that in the 2014 and 2016 elections they dont face a back lash like what happened in 1996 and 2000. Both sides know this and this is why I feel this is nothing but a dog and pony show for all sides.
    Hear! Hear! They pull this stunt, The Dems & RINOS will be crying in '14 & '16!:xmad:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

If he could do it via executive order, which he can't, why didn't he do it when the situation was perfect? Emotions were high, a clamor for something to be done and...he forms a committee. Not exactly striking while the iron is hot.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    If he could do it via executive order, which he can't, why didn't he do it when the situation was perfect? Emotions were high, a clamor for something to be done and...he forms a committee. Not exactly striking while the iron is hot.

You need to learn more about the constitution we are operating under. Yes he can. Im not sure he is willing to risk a civil war. YET. Frankly I no longer trust anything that comes anywhere near being involved with most governments these days.

algedonic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012

That is hardly fair, nor is it accurate.
    The President cannot just "bypass" congress or the senate. In fact, of the checks and balances, the President has the most stringent, with only "state of emergency" and "acts of war" being in his purview. As for those being abused, well, you can thank Bush (Sr. and Jr.) for expanding those loopholes so that Obama could exploit them.

The irony of the President trying to use the "act of war" clause to limit gun rights is almost funny, in that it brings a tear to my eye.

Personally, I think it is just political blowhardery - everyone wants to look progressive and not at fault. Hell, even the NRA had a rather moderate response considering their normal tone, for which I was thankful; at times, they come off as hard-nosed dicks during some of these tragedies.

So, lots of talk, maybe a token measure to keep those who are afraid of everything from having aneurysm, then the hysteria can subside (hopefully) and prices on the guns we love can return to normal.

As for Obamacare, hopefully one of the benefits it *might* have is getting people who need attention or treatment before someone else does something as moronic or tragic as the shooting in CT.
    Because if that happens too many more times, there *will* be a ban of some type on guns passed through the senate and congress and the President, regardless of which party he is, will have to sign it. Even the NRA will have to become more moderate to avoid that sort of backlash, and that is where I think the true erosion of our gun rights will happen.
    Heck, there have been more gun favorable bills passed by Obama than Bush Jr. so that CC is allowable in a couple states it wasn't before.

Here's hoping a new year brings us cooler heads and some perspective so everyone can get back to living.
    Happy Holidays!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA

He did put Joe Biden in charge............so if it fails, he clearly has a great scapegoat.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

He is not ready to go that route, yet. Maybe work the mass's up some more first.

I do not like Obama in the least. But so far he has not proven to be the enemy of the 2A that we were afraid he was. Has been discussed in other threads. The disarming of America will not come with jack booted thugs pounding on your door in the middle of the night. But with paper work, legal maneuvers and threatening your livelihood.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Hmm...I'll have to do more reading and research I guess, because although I don't think Obama will use the power of the Executive Order to enact new gun laws, I surely believe it is within his power to do so. The Executive Order, as I understand it, carries the same weight as a law passed by Congress, until such time as either Congress overrides it (which effectively requires a supermajority to do, because the President can veto any new law passed by Congress that is intended to thwart his Executive Order), or the Supreme Court rules the Executive Order unconstitutional (which happened, I believe, once to Truman). But perhaps my understanding is flawed. Again, I don't think he would do it this way, and if this were seriously being considering within Washington, I would hope that the Roberts court would have sent word, privately, that such an act would be immediately considered and overturned; but you never know. Perhaps such a thing happened directly after the President's address where he stated "he would use any powers of the office"; and we haven't heard much of that talk come out of the White House, subsequently.

algedonic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    You need to learn more about the constitution we are operating under. Yes he can. Im not sure he is willing to risk a civil war. YET. Frankly I no longer trust anything that comes anywhere near being involved with most governments these days.

I have to agree with you on not trusting the government on general principle. :)

However, unless the President wants to declare a state of emergency (and risk censure by the Senate if the conditions are not met), he cannot just make an executive order to ban guns.
    Civil war?! Seriously? That is just the opposite side of the paranoia that the other side is using to try and ban guns completely.

No government wants a civil war - since then they would be out of jobs. Besides, there is a lot of prosperity in the country, just not very well distributed to all the states. Millions of people who go to work every day have no interest in being forced to hunt for food, so they won't support a civil war.

The problem is that with knee-jerk reactions, if people who shouldn't have guns (and the shooter at CT was turned away from a gun store by the owners because he was acting suspicious) create more tragedy, popular opinion will swing toward limiting guns across the board because that is the only solution they can think of.

Case in point: A guy here in Indiana was arrested after a fight with his wife because he threatened to kill her and then shoot as many people as possible at the school where she worked. Since he lived about 100 yards from said school, had a gun collection, and was in a bike club - he is now going to spend some time in jail. Was he serious or just said something stupid in the heat of the moment? I like to think the latter since I cannot comprehend how an argument with your wife could lead to wanting to kill teachers and children at a school...or anywhere for that matter. That points toward premeditation if it does.

Anyway, here is hoping reason comes through and we can all get back to enjoying our guns.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN

I doubt if he will go that far. That might wipe out the Democrats for quite a few election cycles.

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Ultimately something will probably pass. Due to the current political climate I don't think it will be an all out assault on the 2A but some kind of compromise that will effectively make it more difficult to utilize the internet and FTF/gun shows to support our hobby. Just my opinion of course, but aside from the usual suspects anyone in power that has any sort of cognitive ability realizes the last AWB was useless. It did make the left fuzzy on the inside and that will be the goal this time around also.

People are worried about availability in the future and what's the best way to get someone to do something? Tell them they aren't allowed.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Can anyone tell me why eveyone is saying that there is no more AR's or AK's and there will be no more. Has president Obama banned these and I don't know about it? I have not heard anything about this. All I heard is that he wants to ban high cap mags. Does that make these guns worth 2 to 3 times more? I won't pay these prices that people are asking for these. If there was a real ban on these and you could no longer get them I might consider it. I think this is just a bunch of crap that these dealers are saying so you'll buy there guns and it seems to have influenced alot of people.I am just going to ride this out and see what happens. Good luck to everyone with their ridiculous prices.You won't see me paying it.

Yes that is correct, there will be no more. But you are in luck, I just happen to have one I can sell you at the bargain price of $6000.00.:ar15:

Top Bottom