• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i have a bissel bagless thingo from walmart. ive had it for about 8 years. it has sustained continual abuse thanks to a pair of alaskan malamutes, and just now starting to show its wear. best $150 ive ever spent.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I also bought this vacuum at the same place and used the 20% off coupon. I couldn't speak more highly. I did a lot of YouTube-ing before my purchase. I can't afford a Dyson. But wanted something good. In the videos I watched this one was always first or second to some vacuum 3x the price. I have 4 birds a dog and 2 cats. No easy task that I ask of this machine and I'm thrilled.

I have a coworker that bought a refurb'd Dyson from Fry's and has really loved it... he has 2 kids and 2 cats and a 2 story house. So, I was at Fry's looking at the refurbished Dyson's with the salesman and a lady walked by and said she does house cleanings professionally and liked the Sharks much better. She told me the Shark at Fry's wasn't as good and to look for the Liftaway. I bet that didn't make the salesman too happy, but it has made me happy.

It's really come in handy. For those not familiar, the canister separates from the floor cleaning piece so you can carry it around and use the hose attachments (like the pet hair turbo brush) or a hard floor sweeper that has a microfiber pad.

Previous sweeper was a Hoover Whisper Cyclonic something something bagless that was one of the first to copy Dyson. It lasted me for 3 - 4 years but (coincidentally?) died a few months after I adopted the kitty.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Dyson all the way... we have 2 of them. With 3 dogs and 3 cats they are always working.
    My mom has had the same one since I was in H.S (class of 99' whoop whoop) and shes always had dogs.
    Now the good part.. if you frequent Target, one their end caps are the clearance sales, and we've seen them at really good prices. We actually bought the second one on clearance.
    Drop the coin for the Dyson.... You wont regret it.....

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Shark Rotator Professional Lift Away...~$230 from Bed Bath & Beyond with a coupon. This is by far the most versatile vac I've seen for the money, especially with the little detail kit included. It's as quiet as a Miele (WITHOUT brush roll on), filters with the best of them, and it turns like a Dyson ball.

If you're looking for a more heavy duty machine, Bosch makes a mean wet/dry vac that can be fitted with a brushroll and does extremely well in the garage.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I strongly agree with those that have recommended Riccar. I too used to buy a $100 -$200 machine every 1 or 2 years. We've had our Riccar for over 12 years now. When a part does actually wear out, you can actually buy the parts and repair it. The cheap ones are not made to be repaired if you can even buy the parts. Even though the Riccar costs much more initially, the overall cost is much lower because it lasts so long.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    We have 4 dogs...all long hair (Akita, huskies, and a Heinz 57 mutt), vacuum every other day and our Dysons are the best.
    We've had Kirby, Riccar, and Hoover but nothing has even come close to the Dysons for keeping the carpets spotless.
    The DC41 and the DC28 are the bomb!

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Search over...

Riccar. Riccar : Vacuum Cleaners - Upright, Canister, 8-Pound, Central Vacuums

Made in USA. Durable as a semi. They're expensive though...

We have an 8850.

My wife loves it. :):

There is a manufacturing plant in Missouri that I pass by every other week on my way to Joplin. I can get vacuums there direct at a discount. The Riccar is a very good vacuum but it does take bags. We have had one for nearly 15 years and it still works well. I've been looking at replacing it and found that I can do so for less money than I spent on it 15 years ago with the discount! Look up what you want on their website (listed above) and let me know. I'd be happy to pick one up for you and bring it back if you get me the money ahead of the trip. I can verify the price on one trip and then pick it up on the next trip. I live in Hendricks county.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    six pages of the best vacuums on a gun forum :rolleyes:

I think some of yous should turn in your man cards! Whats next...whats the best toilet bowl cleaner?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010

I think some of yous should turn in your man cards! Whats next...whats the best toilet bowl cleaner?

Hey, kiss my ass lol, my vacuum has more chrome than my truck, and more horsepower than a Prius.... And it has a transmission that runs forwards and backwards. Its an amazing machine.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

Some of us just might believe that a real man does the best he can for his family and himself in all areas. Just sayin...

Top Bottom