• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    any ideas on a VERY weedless bait. the weeds and growth under the water where im fishing is THICK. any ideas? .. besides top water. weedless rigged shaky heads, and texas rigged things the bullet sinker, and/or shaky jig head get caught in the weeds and i have to reel alllllll of them in :dunno:

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    One of the many frog baits on the market would work. The Scum Frog is named well. I also like the new toad/frog plastic baits. They give very life-like action and are weedless until you get a hit.

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    One of the many frog baits on the market would work. The Scum Frog is named well. I also like the new toad/frog plastic baits. They give very life-like action and are weedless until you get a hit.

yeah, thats almost what i was thinkin. was just lookin for somethin i could more jig, sense the waters still a little cold. but im gona give a frog a shot tomorrow with no weight just try and drag it right over the weeds.

in the summer, the pond im fishing will grow up ALOT and the weeds , ( i dunno exactly what they are) will be very long and break the surface. on one whole side of the pond

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    If you can identify holes in the vegetation rig up a Senko weightless and drop it in the holes. If the frog doesn't work I've had luck texas rigging a lizard or a zoom brushhog without a sinker and working it close to the surface; stays in the strike zone much longer and the curly tail gives it a subtle buzzbait like action

southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    Try a Strike King flipping tube with no wait they have a solid head which give them a little extra weight. A senko type bait rigged texas style or a fluke well also work good to. Just fish them real slow the water is still pretty cold. Good Luck

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I love when the weeds are like that. I always throw a Spro Bronzeye frog, work it over the mats and then pull it to a hole of water and bam. Usually does best in another month or longer.

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    I love when the weeds are like that. I always throw a Spro Bronzeye frog, work it over the mats and then pull it to a hole of water and bam. Usually does best in another month or longer.

yeah, theres nothing on the surface yet, its all under water still. but its THICK.

Thanks alot guys for all the suggestions, gonna try them out tomorrow when i get up :D

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    rhart has it right. Peg you bullet sinkers, or try a Senko or Slug-O. Some of them you can even put a little piece of metal finishing nail in the head to help them sink a bit better.

dougt06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    I have to agree with Stickfight... I have always had good luck with touchdown worms in thick weeds. Black with a green tail have always done the trick for me.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    The two things I've figured out about weedless baits is that most "weedless" baits, aren't weedless. And the best thing to help get rid of weeds is to use copper sulfate (if you're able to do so).

Top Bottom