Not open for further replies.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Similarities:
    1. Whocares has been a member since 2010.
    2. Some feel they know him and like him.
    3. They both embellished the truth and members didn't appreciate it.
    4. Because of their post(s), members posted their disagreement.

The difference is, many saw through Jeremy from the beginning, but never treated him bad. Only after a very long time of posts about his secret time with "his uncle" and the fact that he used cryptic posts to provide information that nobody asked about, did someone finally choose to call him on it. On the other hand, Whocares posts one thread and it's okay to post his record, picture, etc. Where has anyone posted anything like that concerning Jeremy? Just as the personal information has been removed from this thread, the same thing would have happened if it was done to Jeremy.

As it relates to Jeremy, the questions were raised and and then he was gone. There was no effort to smear him. Had that been the case it would have started a long time ago. It wasn't like anyone dug through his 201 file or anything personal. Anyone can process a request utilizing the Freedom of Information Act and see he was lying, but when the question was asked, some did not like it and shut it down.

So, we have a case where two members appear to have put too much information on the internet that doesn't appear to be truthful, but it's okay to raise the question to one and not the other? Again, Jeremy faced questions and not punishment. I would say Whocares is facing just what a few have called it in this thread: a lynch mob.

I understand and respect your decision, although I would say after he posted the following statement he invited this upon himself.

Thanks thats what Im looking for. Also, blood draw for alcohol is immediate. Six to eight weeks for drugs. My name is Emile Humbert. I dont want to hide behind a screen name. I am relaying the 100% truth

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Actually if you think about it, this is the kind of thing that we would be disgusted by if it were done on Facebook to a kid. You hear these stories were a kid does something that the others don't approve of and then the entire school makes comments on their Facebook until the kid is destroyed. Basically I see this site doing pretty much the same thing to the OP.

I think that he honestly felt he was wronged. He did what a lot of people do and left out some details that were important to us really understanding it. So once that was found out by the fine detectives at INGO, it was open season on him.

I don't find INGO different from any other site on the internet as far as this goes. People on the internet don't mind embarrassing and humiliating anyone that they want to because their own identity is hidden.

I would never allow my own kids to take part in berating another kid to this extent. But then we as adults do it all the time.

As I said early on - somewhere around page 70 we are going to stop and say where is the OP? That did happen and then it turned to fun quessing where he may be.

Jokes are fun but as they start to get personal and dozens of people are doing it to you it starts to become overwhelming on a person and they have no choice but to leave. It just gets out of hand attacking a person even if they didn't tell you all the details you feel you were owed about their record or even the incident.

After all, we don't have to pay the guys bail. So if he does lie a bit we are not going to get stung. So we call BS on something, that's fine, then we should just decide we are not going to try to provide him further assistance with "his problem". But that is no fun so we have to bludgeon him to death with our jokes and comments.:twocents:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Actually if you think about it, this is the kind of thing that we would be disgusted by if it were done on Facebook to a kid. You hear these stories were a kid does something that the others don't approve of and then the entire school makes comments on their Facebook until the kid is destroyed. Basically I see this site doing pretty much the same thing to the OP.

I think that he honestly felt he was wronged. He did what a lot of people do and left out some details that were important to us really understanding it. So once that was found out by the fine detectives at INGO, it was open season on him.

I don't find INGO different from any other site on the internet as far as this goes. People on the internet don't mind embarrassing and humiliating anyone that they want to because their own identity is hidden.

I would never allow my own kids to take part in berating another kid to this extent. But then we as adults do it all the time.

As I said early on - somewhere around page 70 we are going to stop and say where is the OP? That did happen and then it turned to fun quessing where he may be.

Jokes are fun but as they start to get personal and dozens of people are doing it to you it starts to become overwhelming on a person and they have no choice but to leave. It just gets out of hand attacking a person even if they didn't tell you all the details you feel you were owed about their record or even the incident.

After all, we don't have to pay the guys bail. So if he does lie a bit we are not going to get stung. So we call BS on something, that's fine, then we should just decide we are not going to try to provide him further assistance with "his problem". But that is no fun so we have to bludgeon him to death with our jokes and comments.:twocents:
    It was the picture Cliff Notes, wasn't it...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Repped

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN

Wow...since you put it that way....Makes us no different then anyone else.
    We chastise those that in some way cannot defend themselves because of the choices they have made, no different then teasing the "Red Headed Step-Child". It was fun while it lasted though, but embarrassing to say the least. If our kids were doing this we would be ashamed and discipline as needed if nothing else an apology to the offended.

So...I guess what I am trying to say is...Who's Next..:draw:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Wow...since you put it that way....Makes us no different then anyone else.
    We chastise those that in some way cannot defend themselves because of the choices they have made, no different then teasing the "Red Headed Step-Child". It was fun while it lasted though, but embarrassing to say the least. If our kids were doing this we would be ashamed and discipline as needed if nothing else an apology to the offended.

So...I guess what I am trying to say is...Who's Next..:draw:

Who cares who's next. Find someone, quick. :D

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I started reading this thread..feels like a week ago...And it is amazing how it turned from Delete this and Get a Lawyer...to...Where is Wallet???

But there is one thing I know for sure...I was #1000...HAHAHAHA...Thanks Wallet

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground

For the record no wallets were harmed during the making of this thread.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    funspongeth.jpg

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Did I say there was no proof or was it the person to whom I replied?

I certainly never said there was no proof, all I said was that I had never seen any.

Once again, I don't think that "proof" is the issue here. From where I sit, the OP didn't get piled on for lying but for posting an admission of guilt to a crime along with his name on the interwebs. I certainly haven't read this entire thread, but I thought the gist of the grief he was getting was for ignoring the very good advice to keep your legal problems off the web; not for lying.

Similarities:

The difference is, many saw through Jeremy from the beginning, but never treated him bad. Only after a very long time of posts about his secret time with "his uncle" and the fact that he used cryptic posts to provide information that nobody asked about, did someone finally choose to call him on it. On the other hand, Whocares posts one thread and it's okay to post his record, picture, etc. Where has anyone posted anything like that concerning Jeremy? Just as the personal information has been removed from this thread, the same thing would have happened if it was done to Jeremy.

I think what was done to Jeremy by many, including yourself, was actually worse. He never posted his name in name in an attempt to vouch for himself. That didn't help many, including yourself, from making direct references to the alleged contents of his military files. I seem to recall you posting a jab at his PT score...

I found the whole, "we are going to reference it and make fun of what we want to make public but hide the rest" thing to be a pretty sorry way to do business.

As it relates to Jeremy, the questions were raised and and then he was gone. There was no effort to smear him. Had that been the case it would have started a long time ago. It wasn't like anyone dug through his 201 file or anything personal. Anyone can process a request utilizing the Freedom of Information Act and see he was lying, but when the question was asked, some did not like it and shut it down.

Really??? I seem to recall WETSU making direct reference to information from files that were accessed by others in the military on his behalf. I also remember him referring to what he had done as a "hit". How you can say there was no effort to smear him is beyond me.

So, we have a case where two members appear to have put too much information on the internet that doesn't appear to be truthful, but it's okay to raise the question to one and not the other? Again, Jeremy faced questions and not punishment. I would say Whocares is facing just what a few have called it in this thread: a lynch mob.

I'm not saying I agree with all that was done in this thread which is why I don't believe you'll see any post of mine directed at the OP in it. That said, what WETSU tried to do with Jeremy was IMO far more a lynch mob than what has happened in this thread. I remember many, including staff members, openly branding Jeremy a liar based upon your secret squirrel evidence.

I still don't know Jeremy's real name and nor do I care. I don't know if he lied, and nor do I lose sleep about it.

I do know that I found the way that WETSU, the Yeagerites, and some of the staff on here acted to be more than a little distasteful.

Joe

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom