• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One thing to consider when moving to the country. Live and let live. The people in my area who complain the most about what everyone else does tend to be people who moved here from the city. If you want the freedom to do mostly what you want on your own property, you have to care less about what other people do on their property. You like to shoot. Maybe they like loud cars. Just be neighborly about how your usage impacts others and hopefully they'll reciprocate. Just a friendly reminder.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    gvbndgf
    Because tracers will let let you see the flight path of the bullet, even after a ricochet. A dirt berm of insufficient height can often have rounds skip off the top (it's impressive) and steel targets can send rounds zinging off in bizarre directions (it's REALLY impressive).

Inside Marion county, Franklin Township.

Back stop is 12ft wide, 6'6" tall, and 14" thick.

thats really nice, and gives me more hope that Ill be able to find what Im looking for. Thanks for sharing

I live out in Shelby county on 5 acres and I built a backstop and can shoot when I want. Quite a few of my neighbors shoot around me and the best advice I can give is be respectful of your neighbors. Remember you might have someone who works nights (which I do) so I shoot bigger stuff later in the afternoon. I had a neighbor that would start shooting just before dark when my kids were little and in bed, I had to ask them to shoot earlier and they did. Being respectful goes a long way with neighbors, especially the ones that don't shoot.

I actually lived in Fairland when I was younger and have been talking about going back there for a long time. definetely a possibility

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    gvbndgf
    One thing to consider when moving to the country. Live and let live. The people in my area who complain the most about what everyone else does tend to be people who moved here from the city. If you want the freedom to do mostly what you want on your own property, you have to care less about what other people do on their property. You like to shoot. Maybe they like loud cars. Just be neighborly about how your usage impacts others and hopefully they'll reciprocate. Just a friendly reminder.

Thats definetely how I live my life now. I dont worry too muvh about what other people do, It takes quite a bit to get to me Im pretty tolerant, and Im definetely aware of how my action may affect other people. Im only 32 but I wish I would have picked up on the live and let live thing a long time ago, and is something I try to tell as many people as possible.

Top Bottom