• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    A friend of mine introduced me to Underwood Ammo. Look them up online if the idea of a 185 grain gold dot @ 1400 fps sounds interesting. Very reliable and accurate

BTW they do have other loadings, that's just my favorite

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    I carry and run 3"/4.25" and 5" 1911's. They will feed everything I have fed them. I prefer HST over any load, but it is not a magic bullet. Shot placement is far more important. GD, TAP and Ranger is also carry preferred carry ammo. I love Hornaday, but prefer to stay clear of the CD and tactical CD line... I prefer 230gr loads... period. I have had over 20 high end 1911's as well as low/mid end RIA's, mil-specs and a few others. I have never had a 1911 not feed any ammo I put in it. I also run a couple hundred rounds to ensure reliability and then get a case or two so I can trade out my carry ammo every several months.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I carry and run 3"/4.25" and 5" 1911's. They will feed everything I have fed them. I prefer HST over any load, but it is not a magic bullet. Shot placement is far more important. GD, TAP and Ranger is also carry preferred carry ammo. I love Hornaday, but prefer to stay clear of the CD and tactical CD line... I prefer 230gr loads... period. I have had over 20 high end 1911's as well as low/mid end RIA's, mil-specs and a few others. I have never had a 1911 not feed any ammo I put in it. I also run a couple hundred rounds to ensure reliability and then get a case or two so I can trade out my carry ammo every several months.

So you are buying up all the ammo!:xmad:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Best advice is to feed it what the owner manual tells you to.:ingo:

Now that is just insanity!!!!!!!!!!! I won't put up with such neo-marxism. Letting a manual tell me how to live my life. I'll try whatever ammo I want!!;)

Blueboxer and I did a range test yesterday. I found that my lovely MC Operator to be lovelier than advertized. Every round given fed perfectly fine including SPEER, Winchester, Crap JHPs, Remington ballpoint, and crap Russian ammo. The casings ejected at 4 o clock on the dot every time (the russian crap was a little sporadic due to inconsistent powder loads....that tula stuff is truly garbage), and the gun was a breeze to hit with. With the exception of a flier or two, I was able to hit a handspand at 25 yards off hand my first time ever shooting the gun, and headshots at 7-10 yards were super easy. Rounds on top of rounds. The thing is a tac driver. Absolutely, positively in love with this gun.
    My new M&P 9mm also shot well, though I'm going to replace that factor trigger, and handled beautifully.
    Rigt now the 1911 is the favorite, but I have a feeling I'm going to love that M&P once my apex parts arrive. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom