• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    There have unfortunately been a few incidences around my neighborhood in the last few nights & it got me interested in purchasing a couple stickers to place next to the ADT sticker on my front door and windows.

I know how that might sound, but I was hoping for something serious but all I seem to find are snarky ones likes 'I Don't Call 911.' I get it, it's just not what I am looking for.

Anyone know of a site/dealer that has some more 'professional' stickers for sale?

Thanks,
    -Ry-

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Product: Protected by Smith & Wesson Tin Sign

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Protected-Second-Amendment-Engraved-Plaque/dp/B002WV1ASQ]Amazon.com: This Home Protected By the Second Amendment; Laser Engraved Wood Plaque: Everything Else[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Protected-Glock-Truck-Notebook-Sticker/dp/B002VU29XS]Amazon.com: Protected By Glock - Guns - Car, Truck, Notebook, Vinyl Decal Sticker #2518 | Vinyl Color: White: Everything Else[/ame]

Things like that?

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I'm sorry JRL I can not answer your question, but instead I would like to inject my opinion on placing stickers on anything that could identify you as having guns. If a thief knows you have guns in your house, I would think that would make you more of a target. They watch you, learn when your home and not and wait for a opportunity when your not home to strike. And advertising that you have guns just lets them know you have something of value that they might be able to steal.

Of course this is my view on it and others may disagree. Good luck in your quest to find the ultimate sticker.

God bless, Jaredjosh

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    In a high-crime area, why would you want to advertise that there are guns in your home?

"STEAL ME"

I'm in this camp, too. If you aren't home, and the ADT sticker doesn't deter them, they'll just look for the gun to steal it. If the ADT sticker doesn't deter them when you ARE home...well, let's say I'd rather they learn about my gun first hand.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Oh and welcome to the INGO forums, where a person can get no nonsence info and advice on a range of gun related topics.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    To clarify, its not that I live in an area with a high crime at. Quite the opposite in fact. My wife actually just made the same point. I have a couple NRA stickers. Was thinking it might be a good compromise.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If you want to find stickers they are all over the internet and easy to find. Maybe instead think about getting some security camera's installed inside the home. There are a lot of people that can watch live feed from there phones or work computers. Then if someone comes in while away you can immediately contact law enforcement. In a high crime area I wouldn't want to make myself visible as a target for theft, assault, etc. Be as descrete as a fart in the wind. Drawing attention is bad.:twocents:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Guy Minnis of "Hard Target Firearms Training" in Evansville has a really high quality yard sign that I have had several folks including the Sheriff's Department comment on:

picture.php

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    A family friend of mine, who is the most avid hunter I've ever met (could be Nugent's brother) just recently had his home broken into and a number of guns taken. He had no signs. All it takes is someone to see you leave with gun bags, or camo, or string pheasants or deer up to know you have weapons in the house. I wouldn't think of putting a sign up.

I have an INGO sticker and an NRA sticker on the back window of my truck, as well as a veteran LP, and I keep my toys on me or deep concealed. But, I also park within sight of my vehicle at all times, and all of my neighbors are armed and nosy lol.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Here's the best sticker you can personally create. Have a friend lie on your driveway asphalt and use white paint to look like a chalk outline.

Make some blood red paint and spatter it on the asphalt. Crazy glue some empty shell casings to the asphalt so they don't roll away. Tie some "Do Not Cross Crime Scene" yellow tape that are broken and flap in the wind

To help keep the JW's away as well put some white glue on the back of Watch Tower Magazines and stick to the asphalt.

There you go. Your own life size sticker!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would suggest that the safest advertisement for you possession of firearms would be the loud 'BANG' immediately following violation of the sanctity of your home.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    "Drawing attention is bad" is spot on. I don't advertise on my car, home, or person. I do wear a NRA hat at times, but that is as far as I go. I'm a big guy and already generate enough attention as it is.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom