• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    The time has come for me to upgrade to a smart phone, more out of neccessity rather than just something I want.
    Other than texting and calls my main need will be internet access. Of the two systems, which will work better for my needs? My son has an i-pad and sometimes has problems with certain kinds of web sites and email attachments. What experiences have my fellow INGOers had?

Todes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    There will always be certain sites or attachments that won't work with apple products because they refuse to have java....

But I advise that you go to your local sprint shop and put your hands on both! I was dead set on a Iphone 5, but after realizing how much I hated navigating threw it with my massive fingers I chose to go with droid. It still trouble at some times, but nothing like it was when I played with the Iphone.

Hope this helps.

jakeep

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Plainfield
    I have an IPhone 5 as my personal phone and a Motorola Droid at work. I like my iPhone much more. Things just work like you think they should and its intuitive.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    there's always going to be a glitch with either OS, Here's my 2 cents

I like the Android system because ists still drag and drop, works more like a PC than an apple, has more choices in hardware,

I also think the straightalk with no contract is the only way to go, I have full verirzon coverage, good Data coverage, I live in a bad part of indiana and we have all sorts of holes in coverage, the cell coverage is great and very few places without data.

Plus with straigtalk If i want to say I'm not paying this bill I don't

Contracts are bad

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I went with iPhone because my android phone was a horrible experience and because I already had a Mac desktop and an iPad.

I think the iPhone is far more user-friendly in controls than the android. It may have been the model of droid phone I was using, but I thought the screen picture was about what I'd expect from 10 years ago relative to the iPhone. email and internet are far, far better to navigate on the iphone than the droid. Again, it may have been the model of phone, but i was happy with my iPad/desktop computing and disgusted with the android, so it was a no-brainer for me. It didn't help that the droid kept refusing to let me answer calls.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Most of this really comes down to personal preference. You're probably going to get a six of one half dozen of the other type response here. I hated my iPhone with a passion. I thought it was an absolute piece of crap. I absolutely love my android. I do have Sprint as well btw but not sure if that matters or not. The point is that I think your best bet is to handle both of them and see which you like better. Everyone has different needs and different things that are important to them when making this choice.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I had a droid and it was "ok" when it worked. I've had my 4s for over a year now and it has worked flawlessly. With the iPhone you also get tons of options for accessories as well

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Have any of you former droid users tried or used the Samsung Galaxy III? I ask because I too am soon going to upgrade (this spring) and have it narrowed down to either the I phone 4s/5 or the Galaxy III. I am truly at in impasse.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I carry an iPhone as my work phone and a droid x2 for my personal phone. The droid is by choice. I prefer Droid better, it just seems to work better for internet surfing. Also way too many apps on the iphone are free to download, but to really enjoy they cost money through excessive in app purchases. I say Droid all the way.

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    I prefer Android. Way more customization options, larger screens, apps usually cost less, you can swap batteries & add larger capacity memory cards (not all Android phones) + real 4g LTE. IPhones have more accessories since every phone is the same (physically & slight difference with the 5).

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    That's a no brainer, iPhone. 4G LTE, better and much more apps and as with all Apple products, they just work! My co-worker has an android phone and can't wait until he is is eligible to upgrade so he can get an iPhone.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    My wife had the original Galaxy S. It was decent, but glitchy. Just switched to iPhone 5s for everyone. The only thing that I don't like so far is the camera is slow to take a picture, so a lot of them have come out blurry when you need an almost 2 year old to pose.

It all depends on what you need/want. Go play and see what feels better. Here's my breakdown.

Android Pro: Open source means a lot more apps. More flexibility.
    Android Con: Too many platforms, so apps don't all work the same. Can't trust all apps. Harder to get around for most people.

iPhone Pro: It just works. iTunes controlled apps means you can trust most things. With limited platforms, generally all apps work. And more things offer iPhone integration before android.
    iPhone Con: Less Apps. More restrictions. No NFC.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    9qsa7eueuw.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Not exactly true anymore, they abandoned flash at Jelly Bean. Still would choose android over idiotPhone, though.

Top Bottom