I saw the squirrel running, gotta lead, pulled the trigger....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have always hunted squirrel with a .410 or the .22 rifle. When I was a kid I had a .410/.22 over under, can't tell you how many squirrels that thing put away. I think it was a Ted Williams model...or maybe Montgomery Wards....it's been too long to remember.

Nothing honks me off like hitting one and then not being able to find it. It happens. Shoot another one.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    it always stinks not being able to find downed game, but it does happen. however, if you did kill that squirrel it wasn't completely wasted; something has eaten it by now.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    I was pretty bummed out since it was my second time hunting and I lost my first game. But like was stated it happens, hopefully something else can enjoy my lost squirrel.

Oh and to add insult to injury the squirrel i did take that day was wasted also, got home late and as i was trying to clean it my girlfriends son, who refuses to leave my side, was getting tired and cranky so I had to go in and wasn't able to save the meat that night. But the skin and tail look great on my wall!

Top Bottom