• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Oh I did it this time. I knew better but I did it anyway. I’m going to be in serious trouble tomorrow! I drank a whole pot of coffee this afternoon… ain’t no I’m getting to bed at a decent hour tonight! On the plus side I got 3/4 of the garage really clean!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Oh I did it this time. I knew better but I did it anyway. I’m going to be in serious trouble tomorrow! I drank a whole pot of coffee this afternoon… ain’t no I’m getting to bed at a decent hour tonight! On the plus side I got 3/4 of the garage really clean!
    Better start on the whiskey soon. That will counteract the coffee

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Riddle me this. I can drink a bunch of caffeine drinks and take an afternoon nap no problem, but drink one small caffeinated drink after 5 and I’m up until the wee hours.
    That’s odd. Normally after a few cups of coffee on a typical not to busy Saturday I can do a short nap around 2 or so.

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    I used to drink alot of coffee, and by alot I mean several pots during the day. Now that I am retired, I drink very little coffee and get very little done. However, I sleep like a baby.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have A.D.D. pretty bad. Coffee helps keep me even keel and doesn't affect me much as a stimulant. I can drink a pot of it and go straight to bed.

Although, now that I think of it, I've never needed much sleep in general. I average six hours or less most nights. Maybe I should try cutting my coffee intake and see if that makes a difference.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have A.D.D. pretty bad. Coffee helps keep me even keel and doesn't affect me much as a stimulant. I can drink a pot of it and go straight to bed.

Although, now that I think of it, I've never needed much sleep in general. I average six hours or less most nights. Maybe I should try cutting my coffee intake and see if that makes a difference.
    I do not know why but it seems to affect older folks more than younger. Do not recall ever hearing from under 40 about this issue, many older than 40 definitely mention it often…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I do not know why but it seems to affect older folks more than younger. Do not recall ever hearing from under 40 about this issue, many older than 40 definitely mention it often…
    Found the answer.

“It is indeed possible to develop caffeine sensitivity. This becomes more common as we age. Research shows that older adults clear caffeine from the body more slowly than younger people. In one study, coffee drinkers between 65 and 70 took 33% longer to metabolize caffeine than did younger participants. That means the same amount of coffee that someone has been drinking would have an amplified effect.”

Top Bottom