I should have been in bed hours ago. Reading Handgun Laws, MI specific.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Do they consider a person licensed with accepted out-of-state permits? I'm thinking yes, but there is always the chance I missed something. We are going to MI in a few weeks so I want to be clear on the laws. I guess to be safe I should open carry while I'm there.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Do they consider a person licensed with accepted out-of-state permits? I'm thinking yes, but there is always the chance I missed something. We are going to MI in a few weeks so I want to be clear on the laws. I guess to be safe I should open carry while I'm there.

Depending on where you are going OC may not be safer. While it is legal it will still get you a lot of attention here. Outside of certain areas it just is not very widespread.

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Cedartop has it nailed pretty good. Current 'hotspot' to stay out of while OC'ing is Grand Rapids proper. The mayor and his minion police force can't seem to be able to read and follow the laws. A lawsuit has been filed and we await the outcome. Most of the other towns and cities seem to have a working knowledge of what they can and cannot do. Come on up and enjoy yourself. Later, Bob

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I don't mind the attention from open-carry, I open-carry here. As long as I'm within the law, they can pay all the attention they want. I'll be in the Livonia area. It seems there is more legal soup if you CC.

Top Bottom