• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drnorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in SE Indiana near Cincinnati and was passing near a small shop on the Ohio side.
    I don't get in that area much and so I stopped in.
    They had 9MM WWB for $47 per 100 round box.
    50 round boxes of Remington 9MM FMJ were $27.00.

I wonder why I didn't but any!!!

Don

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yup I brought my Wal-Mart ammo to a local indoor range and as I was waiting to check out, a kid who had just bought a Makarov asked to use the range to shoot his new toy and a .38 spcl he'd brought with him, he asked for a box ea of 9x18 and a box of .38 spcl, then when he found out each box was $30 ea, he opted for the Makrov ammo for his new toy and couldnt afford the $20 range time or the .38 ammo, but they let him use the range free since he had just bought the mak and a box of shells.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    the other day my wife called and said she got me a gift..when I got home she had 2 boxes of federal 9mm luger sitting on the table...I thought awesome! until she told me she paid $40 a box for em from a guy she works with. I told he I appreciated her thinking of me like that but to take the ammo back to the guy and tell em to refund her money..which he refused to do:rolleyes: what a punk. and I thought gander was high at $25 a box.

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    the other day my wife called and said she got me a gift..when I got home she had 2 boxes of federal 9mm luger sitting on the table...I thought awesome! until she told me she paid $40 a box for em from a guy she works with. I told he I appreciated her thinking of me like that but to take the ammo back to the guy and tell em to refund her money..which he refused to do:rolleyes: what a punk. and I thought gander was high at $25 a box.

I'm all for people making a buck and timing the market right; however, taking advantage of someone who doesn't know how inflated the price of ammo is is just wrong. What a jerk of a coworker :noway:.

Nonetheless, you have a great Wife there.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    The balance of supporting local shops and the local shops supporting their customers is a fine one, but when a shop is gouging then we need to make them understand that thats not customer service,

I don't know what to say really, If I knew for sure that the shops are not paying more for the ammo and that the big chains like walmart have negotiated prices from last year and making the suppliers hold to them well thats the market,

I deal with one guy thats a no bs guy, he throws his invoice on the counter and tells you to calculate the price for yourself and thats that, I like him he would **** off the pope but I like him

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County

Here's what to do.....tell her thanks, tell her you love her and take her out for a nice meal!

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    gifts

boy you aint lying if my wife gave me anything besides the light bill,gas bill or mortgage payment.i would just be tickled to death,i got a good woman but she aint down for ever buying me anything gun related.

Haikufunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    One place to check out is Big R. If they have ammo it is always cheaper than gun stores, but not quite as cheap as Wal-Mart.

Top Bottom