• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Doc, I spent three years maintaining and servicing commercial beverage equipment, by the sound of it, basically identical to the dispenser you posted about.
    What happened to you was that (as you said) the syrup line let go and the BIB (Bag-In-Box) pump (powered either by an air compressor or a CO2 tank) that feeds syrup to the dispenser nozzle just went bananas, since it's designed to automatically keep pumping until there is back-pressure in the syrup line.
    Those Bag-in-Box syrup bags hold over five gallons, so it can make a tremendous mess in a hurry unless you have someone knowledgeable around who knows enough about how the system works to jump back to the pump itself and disconnect either the air compressor or CO2 line that powers the pump.

As an anecdote from several years ago, I did a business in Wapakoneta, OH a big favor by purging out the contamination in their syrup lines, caused by some clueless employee who had replaced the Minute Maid lemonade syrup box with a syrup box of Barq's root beer...on a line that was clearly marked for lemonade only.
    That caused a chemical reaction that completely blocked the syrup line from the root beer syrup reacting with the remaining lemonade in the line.
    I spent over two hours running hot water through that line to finally clear the blockage.
    Ugh! what a mess.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom