• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Went to the gunshow in Louisville this morning...

What a disappointment. Everything was overpriced, ammo was still outragous. Saw people with the 550 round Federal bulk packs asking $30 for them. Overheard lowball offers to people carrying guns to sell that were downright insulting. What a waste of my time and money.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Gun shows used to great places to buy ammo. Now you need a miracle to stumble into a good deal. Idiots are still cleaning out the shelves here in Evansville, then selling for twice or thrice the price at the gun show. I saw the same $30 price tag for federal .22 bulk packs at an Evansville gun show last month. Guy behind the table sure was friendly..."I've got everything you need ;) "

I felt like knocking his block off.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I agree! When I first moved to Ft. Wayne, the gun shows were decent, not great just decent. The last one I attended was a complete joke!

By the time you pay for parking, get the tickets, walk in to find absolute garbage it just isnt worth it anymore.

The selection was aweful-
    Prices were ridiculous-
    It was just a complete waste of time and money-

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Been to the Louisville show once. It was a couple of years ago and I wasn't impressed. Will be interesting to see what happens in August at the 1500.
    Bob

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I went with some simple things to look for, magazines for my P11 (cheapest I could find was $35), Canteen cups (none to be found) and a pouch for my instruments like scalpels, probe, hemos, and such from my M3 that I lost (none to be found also).

Primers were outragous, you would think the damn things were made of gold. Nucking futs it was!

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I still go to the gun shows pretty much to hangout with my buddies. It is very hard to find any bargains. The last Crown Point show did have a slew of P3ats for $249....pretty good deal. Ammo at a gun show??????:noway:

joegrunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Planning on Evansville
    The last gun show I went to was in Evansville at the 4H club. It was so packed you could barely fit through the isles. I did find a C96 that I got for a decent price. But what little ammo they did have was way overpriced.:noway:

Bigswin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    Pretty disappointing experience the last time I hit the 1500 in Indy. I took $500 bucks to blow on a good deal and couldn't find one. Sad. As everyone already said, prices are ridiculous!

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Guys;
    Don't get your panties in a wad. Till obama changes it, America is still a capitolist economy. Supply and demand. I have seen this many times in my life. Increased demand and short supply Always raises the price, AWAYS! If you want to get mad at some one, get mad at the horders. That fellow that has 10,000 rounds of 223 in his closet and still buying it by the case. I like shooting almost as much as the next guy. So I changed my shooting habits. Instead of spraying my target, I work at "1 shot kills". Still fun, still shooting, just not as much. I now take my grandson out in the backyard and kill pop cans with our BB guns. Loads of fun for both of us. My advice to you is. Change your shooting habits, teach a youngster how to shoot safely. It might save his life someday! But don't get mad at the dealers or the shows. They are only playing the hand that has been dealt to them. Remember, wholesale prices have gone up too!

Top Bottom