• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    It's hard to believe the transformation that has just taken place in my collection--a few weeks ago, I bought a nearly-new SP2022, then I traded my G19 for a used P239, and yesterday I bought a new two-tone P238. Inside of a month, I've become a convert to SIG Sauer! :rockwoot:

Here's a "family photo" (that's a Streamlight TLR-3 on the SP2022):

SIGs.jpg

I have to say that I'm really pleased by these pistols thus far. All three have functioned flawlessly (42 rounds through the P238 today), and I am quite impressed by the attention to detail with respect to the machining and ergonomics. The P239 was manufactured in 1997 and shows just enough holster wear that I won't be afraid to carry it. The tritium sights are surprisingly bright given their age, and I put on a new set of stock grips and a new recoil spring and guide rod. The other two are 2011 guns and are quite beautiful. I just ordered a set of checkered Hogue rosewood grips for the P238 and I'm looking forward to dressing it up a bit.

My only complaint is that I wish they made a P238-sized DA/SA pistol. It would be so cool to have the same controls on all three pistols!

Anyway, I think I understand now what all the fuss is about as far as SIG goes! Now I need to carry these for a while, to decide if I want to sell my TCP and my G27.

Any recommendations for a pocket holster for the P238? I have a Desantis Nemesis, which is a great holster, but leather would be nice.

Last edited:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Welcome to the minority. I know you will continue to be please with your decision.

Welcome to Sig Anonymous... You will get just one more and one more.

They do make a sigforum for your habit. You have been warned.

That is why they call it a Signess.

:ingo:

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions, folks. I just ordered this tuckable holster, the High Noon Holsters Hidden Ally:

_DSC6829%20Edit%20Layers%20640%20Pixel.jpg

_DSC6821%20Edit%20Layers%20640%20Pixel.jpg

I've never "tucked" before, so we'll see how it goes. This is a pretty nice-looking holster for $36.95. Those Bullard holsters look great, too--I like how a mag carrier is included. I decided to hold off for the moment and see how I like the IWB tuckable option before I spend more money on a second pocket holster. :ingo:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I got the Signess when I first started. My first semi auto was a 229, and the Signess has yet to cure itself. I also have a 226, and a 2022 in .40 and trying to get one in 9mm. One day I will have a Sig 1911... and I think it will be love.

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    Very nice, I may need to pick one of those up soon. As for Signess now you have to start picking up some early west German guns for the collection.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I've been carrying a P226R DAK every day for about a year now & honestly I don't know what I ever saw in 1911's or Glocks! it's simply an amazing pistol, I just wish that I would have become a Sig fan years ago.

Top Bottom