• ...and so much more!
  • Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Few, The Proud, The Sig Owners OO-RAH

Gotta love the Sig! I have the P239 (his and hers) for concealed carry and the P226 with Surefire X200 and 20 round magazine (magazine not pictured) for home defense.

picture.php

For concealed carry, it is hard to beat the total concealability of a P239 in a smart carry holster: http://www.smartcarry.com/photos.html

Worn correctly, it is virtually invisible - no, you won't be able to 'draw' from it as quickly as kydex, but if you want to carry it all day and never draw attention, it is the way to go...IMHO.

Welcome to the family! :welcome:

Last edited:

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I carried the P238 this evening in the High Noon Holsters Hidden Ally...this is a great holster for the price. The P238 fit easily without any need to break in the holster, but didn't shift or start to come out at all. I carried at about 3 o'clock, and the safety stayed on easily the whole time. I think the holster will be more comfortable a bit farther back, but with a tucked shirt it would be too hard to draw too far back. Tucking was easy with this holster, and although the draw is certainly slower than it would be without tucking, the little pistol disappeared under my shirt. Very nice.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    I've just bought my first one, a p239. I'm afraid to shoot it too much due to the fact I might like it and want to carry it. I did VERY little research but knew that Sig is a great manufacturer. What would be the advantage of a Sig over a Glock if anything other than preference? I love 1911's and Glocks but I don't see all that much advantage to either over all. Each has it's strong points but I couldn't say one is better for everything.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I've just bought my first one, a p239. I'm afraid to shoot it too much due to the fact I might like it and want to carry it. I did VERY little research but knew that Sig is a great manufacturer. What would be the advantage of a Sig over a Glock if anything other than preference? I love 1911's and Glocks but I don't see all that much advantage to either over all. Each has it's strong points but I couldn't say one is better for everything.
    I think you'll get a wide variety of opinions about that. A lot of it is just personal preference for certain features. I do like Glocks for their reliability and durability--but the grip angle just feels strange to me. If I draw and point, without looking at the sights, I consistently am aiming high with the Glock. With the SIG pistols, my natural point of aim is more centered on the target. I must admit, too, that I'm most comfortable with a DA/SA trigger. That long first trigger pull is a comfort to me, although I will say that I have carried Glocks IWB without much worry since I always use holsters that cover the trigger well.

EDIT: added a 4th member to the family, a P232, photos here....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom