I thought cops were the only ones that misidentified targets...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    WTF?!? :xmad:

What, did grandma think a midget was breaking in to her room? Or, (allegedly) like Pistorius, did she just start shooting through the door, not even bothering to identify the target?

THIS is the kind of wanton behavior that SOME times makes me think we severely need to educate, test, and require qualification and re-qualification for anyone that owns a firearm.

'Mis'identifying a target MAY, perhaps in some situations, be plausibly 'forgiveable'. But this is simply NOT identifying the target whatsoever. Like the LEO shooting his daughter in another thread.

If a defender has no clue what they're shooting AT, why the hell are they shooting? :xmad:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

What, did grandma think a midget was breaking in to her room? Or, (allegedly) like Pistorius, did she just start shooting through the door, not even bothering to identify the target?

THIS is the kind of wanton behavior that SOME times makes me think we severely need to educate, test, and require qualification and re-qualification for anyone that owns a firearm.

'Mis'identifying a target MAY, perhaps in some situations, be plausibly 'forgiveable'. But this is simply NOT identifying the target whatsoever. Like the LEO shooting his daughter in another thread.

If a defender has no clue what they're shooting AT, why the hell are they shooting? :xmad:

According to the article, just like Pistorius she just shot at a closed door.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

SOME times MG? Please, you're often telling others how they should carry and rambling on about requiring IQ tests or training to exercise a God given right. I don't see you making any arguments on the other side of the fence which means SOME time is ALL the time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sleeping with the kids, with a chair propped against the door for added protection, then firing blindly.

She either really needs to move or really needs an evaluation for some sort of paranoia disorder.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    I do not believe in gun registration and classes in order to own a firearm but what about making it a mandatory part of school education. Since majority of students attend public schools shouldn't we teach gun safety as a part of a class on the constitution.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sleeping with the kids, with a chair propped against the door for added protection, then firing blindly.

She either really needs to move or really needs an evaluation for some sort of paranoia disorder.

The lady (Original home owner) that lived next door was alone in her late life. She was insecure as a result. We would get called multiple times a week for odd noises usually at night. We always responded to her calls. We (her neighbor on the other side and a good friend of mine) would rotate these duty's or both respond if she was terribly frightened. 2 times we were needed....the rest was just fear from being alone.
    She asked me a few times to get her a gun and teach her to use it. I never did for concern this type thing may happen.
    She got way left of center and had to be put into a care facility. I do not miss the late bump in the night calls but we miss her.

Point......People get frightened. As sad as this is, I understand how it can happen. Moving is not always an option.
    We hope the young one pulls through.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson

That is utterly unenforceable just like criminals don't get permits. What we need is to have PSA's about gun safety and to bring gun safety back to schools.

Top Bottom