I took a seat, then I saw the Colt Python sitting in the case...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    and it was BEAUTIFUL. I was tempted to have a look at it but it would just reinforce the fact it was WAY more than I could afford. Still an AMAZING revolver. The Diamondback next to it was just as nice, but still out of my price range. Still nice to see such fine revolvers.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I think the same thing every time I take my Python out of the safe. Hard to believe I have one, shoots like a dream too! :D Keep the faith and hopefully someday you will get one. :yesway:

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    and it was BEAUTIFUL. I was tempted to have a look at it but it would just reinforce the fact it was WAY more than I could afford. Still an AMAZING revolver. The Diamondback next to it was just as nice, but still out of my price range. Still nice to see such fine revolvers.
    Who, what, where? Seriously this is like starting to read " A Clockwork Orange" on page 63.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Really really nice revolvers. Would hate to own one though, would want to shoot it and if something breaks, Colt's gonna want a premium to fix it, if they will at all...

Sorry, but the only folks I would want wrenching on a hypothetically personally owned Python would be Colt... :(

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal

and then i looked at the wall and saw a picture, it was a good one. Remind everyone of the times? There was a good hamburger tomorrow.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    My Dad had a Python 4" stanless steel in the 70's.

I got to shoot it and it was increadably smooth.

Wish he still had it.

Jimmy

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had 2 Colt Pythons for years and rarely shot them. They were nice and I appreciated them for their quality but I just didn't think I could justify keeping them. I traded the pair for 3 S&W revolvers, a Browning HP and a Walther P22. I sorta miss the Colts but I shoot the guns I got in trade so I guess I'll be ok.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Several years ago, I had a stainless 4" Python. It was a beautiful gun but just wasn't a good fit. The trigger pull was smooth as glass from beginning to ignition, unlike a Smith, with the double-edged sword being that I never knew exactly when it was going to fire in a double action pull. I found my model 66 much easier to shoot accurately in addition to fitting my hand better, so I miss the Colt, but not that much. Besides, neither revolver will ever take first place from my series 80 Govt. Model.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I passed on a very nice nickle 6" python for a rather crazy price, was $799 and like new.

Went for a new 686 SSR I wanted to build up and still feel as though I made the right choice even though I'll be eating ramen for a few months.

At least every time I look at it, it makes the ramen taste better!

niErP.jpg

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    Really really nice revolvers. Would hate to own one though, would want to shoot it and if something breaks, Colt's gonna want a premium to fix it, if they will at all...

Sorry, but the only folks I would want wrenching on a hypothetically personally owned Python would be Colt... :(
    I have a Coly Python 4" blued bought in 1968, by my ex-boss, 10 years ago he gave it to me,(yes gave it to me) did I mention he gave it to me. Anyway the timing is all messed up, you can turn the cylinder when it is closed and some times when it is cocked. Contacted Colt they will go through it and fix it for $95.00. The customer service rep told me there is one part on the python that they no longer have and if that is broke your out of luck,I just can't remember what it was. I plan on sending it to them this summer.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Always been a dream to own a Python. Reckon I will be dreaming for the rest of my life. :D Not easy to find and once you do the prices are through the roof.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    That was a HOT pistol back in the 70's and 80's for officers. I really would love to have one. Instead I have two S&W 19's and a S&W 686.

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    For repairs that even Colt doesn't want to do, try Cylinder & Slide of Fremont, NE. Bill can build parts that are allegedly unavailable by welding up and then recutting parts to fit. Try him; he is a gentleman.

Top Bottom