• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I'm renting a temporary apartment while going through a divorce, AND waiting for the deal to close on a house that I'm purchasing.

This building has a 'money card machine' whereby you insert your card, then insert money and it adds the 'value' to the card. This is for doing your laundry. The washers and driers use the card to deduct 'money' from the card. (Yes, I feel like I'm in a damn FEMA camp when using this stupid thing, but I digress)...

I have a problem with their machine where it eats a $10 bill from me and I'm on the phone for 20 minutes waiting for someone that speaks American to help me. Once I finally get someone on the phone, there's a guy leaning on the wall next to me and a lady standing behind me. I'm reading the person on the phone some numbers off the machine and I can hear the leaning guy say to the lady something about "no, I wanna know who HE is and why he's carrying gunS in my building"

I end my phone call with the person on the phone (on, they're sending me a check within 10-12 business days for the money their machine conveniently ate.. ba$tards.. again, I digress).... and the leaning guy offered me a slanted hand (handshake ?) and he smelled like he dumped a case of booze on himself as cologne as he asked me "so, who are you? I mean, I noticed you are armed in multiple ways and I've never seen you in my building before. Are you a concerned citizen, is someone coming that we don't know about, are you a cop, what's going on ?"

To which I smile and reply "I'm head of security for a very important family" (my 3yr old daughter is standing with me).. he doesn't see the humor in my reply so I follow up with "It's my right to be armed for self defense if the need arises. I'm armed everywhere I'm legally allowed to be. I'm armed in the mornings when I take my kids to school, I'm armed when I pick them up, when I take a leak at 2am, and when I do laundry. I'm always armed anywhere I'm legally allowed to be"

he says "well I've lived in this building for 6 months now and I've never seen anyone carrying a gun and now I see you and you have 2 of them so it drew my attention and I was curious. This is MY building now and I want to know who's armed up in here"

I ask what apartment he lives in and evidently he's next door to me and reassure him that he's in good hands.

I then grabbed my phone and showed him the following video:

[video=youtube;5ge6GgPwX4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ge6GgPwX4E&feature=c4-overview&list=UUBeINXAJrXJJ-6ZU8ocf26w[/video]

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Oh boy, so he OWNS the building does he? I'm thinking you'll likely soon be visited by the local LEOs...just because he's going to want to show you who the alpha male is around those parts. Man, it's not like you need the extra heartburn is it?

Good luck with this dude.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Wow...so you actually had to wait for someone who speaks American? hmmm....seems as if that would be an awfully long wait. smh....seriously...American?

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    It's people like that, that just need to be told to mind their own f*** ing business.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Wow...so you actually had to wait for someone who speaks American? hmmm....seems as if that would be an awfully long wait. smh....seriously...American?

It was either that or "english" and some folks can sure do a botch job on "english'.. so I chose "American".. (I thought it was funny)

Can't wait to see what the apartment manager thinks of this. She stopped me once and said "I had some complaints from some of the tenants that you were carrying a gun out in the courtyard with your children, is that true?" I simply said "yup"

Then I told her I'm doing nothing illegal, asked her to let the tenants know that I carry for my protection and theirs so they have nothing to worry about.

This damn building is full of sheep :/

Should be closing on the house in the next week or so.. can't wait !

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hopefully all the guns leave with you each day, otherwise I'd be worried about that screwed up neighbor deciding he needed some money for booze.

The conversation you had with the temporary neighbor lasted longer than some I've had with some neighbors I've had for years.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My answer... "I'm just a guy trying to do my laundry." Of course, I say this as I walk away. Someone approaching me with that kind of attitude doesnt get a conversation with me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I always get a Pakistani named "Steve",

I once called in and was greeted with "Hallo. My name is Shaniqua. How may I be helping you?" (in a VERY, VERY thick Indian accent) I. lost. my. :poop:. No joke. It took me about 15 seconds to regain my composure. At which point I pointed out she chose the wrong name out of the book and needed to choose something like sally, megan, etc. if she expected her customers to keep a straight face.

Oh, and Cameron rocks it! Good job Dad!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just so I can get this all straight?
    You are OCing two guns, touting your rights and showing video of your young son shooting to a next door neighbor you just met. In the apartment complex where there have been complaints about your OCing in the courtyard while playing with the kids? All the while you are in the middle of a divorce?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are OCing two guns, touting your rights and showing video of your young son shooting to a next door neighbor you just met. In the apartment complex where there have been complaints about your OCing in the courtyard while playing with the kids? All the while you are in the middle of a divorce?

HHHmmmmmmm

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka

No, i was OC just one pistol doing laundry. The second pistol was BUG at 7:00 and WAS under my sweatshirt. I took off said sweatshirt before I went to do laundry (I needed to wash it Cuz I was running around outside playing tag with my kids)

Rest of it seems spot on. Oh, except the "touting my rights" nonsense.

And i didn't show him the video until after I examined WHY I carry and that my 10 yr old is a damn good shot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Rest of it seems spot on. Oh, except the "touting my rights" nonsense...

mkay...

..."It's my right to be armed for self defense if the need arises. I'm armed everywhere I'm legally allowed to be. I'm armed in the mornings when I take my kids to school, I'm armed when I pick them up, when I take a leak at 2am, and when I do laundry. I'm always armed anywhere I'm legally allowed to be"

Just hoping your divorce is an amicable one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The divorce isn't amicable but why is that relevant to this interaction ?
    With all due respect, my friend, it sounds like you might want to consider toning things down until you are by the divorce. You may not realize how much fuel you provide a motivated ex who is looking to have her way.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    If you're referring to my almost ex wife, she carries and knows how good her son handles weapons.

Im still failing to make the connection as to why it matters if the divorce is amicable or not.

Top Bottom