• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    They sure look cool, but I cannot see spending that kind of cash on a derringer. If I hade that kind of money to drop on a micro pistol, I think I would spend just a bit more and look at a Rohrbaugh R9.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    Nothing wrong with it,other than it's pricey,but it's not really my speed.I'd prefer a Bond Arms Ranger for a little less money(I know,old school vs new,just sayin)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It is WAY cool though. Interchangeable barrels would be a great option.

That would be neat as a toy.

But it is 0.3" longer, 0.4" taller and 5.7 oz heavier than a 6-7 shot Keltec P3at for three times the price. I love .45 acp but seven rounds of .380 is a little better for defense.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    In keeping with most of the sentiments above, I would rather have my LCP, with 7 rounds of .380 ACP, and another 6 in a faster loading mag in a second pocket. The concept is cool, but for up close and personal interactions, I still would feel under-gunned with just 2 rounds, and another two with a slow reload.

Put simply, the LCP is smaller, lighter and holds a lot more total firepower than this modern Derringer.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    In keeping with most of the sentiments above, I would rather have my LCP, with 7 rounds of .380 ACP, and another 6 in a faster loading mag in a second pocket. The concept is cool, but for up close and personal interactions, I still would feel under-gunned with just 2 rounds, and another two with a slow reload.

Put simply, the LCP is smaller, lighter and holds a lot more total firepower than this modern Derringer.

In theory, I guess I would agree...but imagining myself or someone I love being assaulted, I'm just not that certain how confidant I am in any .380 ACP, no matter how many rounds it carries. I've had too many, regardless of manufacturer, malfunction on the range. When they do fire, I'm not 100% convinced that they are adequate to the task.

In that situation I would prefer my XD-45C, but it is definitely not pocket sized. The HD DoubleTap is a .45 ACP and definitely pocket-sized. While it would be slower to reload than a semi-auto (and face it, with any semi-auto I may or may not have an extra mag on me), but the DoubleTap would be no slower than any revolver to reload, and the extra rounds would always be there since they are in the grip frame...

I just don't know. I can see where this derringer could be a real asset, but it is still such a compromise. The cost of the aluminum non-ported model is not really prohibitive, compared to other quality hideout guns. Heck, for years I carried a Seecamp LWS that cost a lot more. :twocents:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom