• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, so I'd packed away my computer to come home and was sitting with some of my coworkers this morning. As we chatted, the TV was on, mostly background noise, and happened to be tuned to CNN. Don't ask me why, I never turn the bloody thing on at all. Of course there are reports ongoing about Sandy Hook and the carnage wrought, and then the time comes for Sanjay Gupta to come on. He starts in on the same topic, and my ears perked... I'm listening now, and more and more, he's addressing nothing at all about the gun(s) and everything about mental illness, predisposing factors, and basically, "what can medicine (as a field) do to identify and prevent this kind of tragedy in the future?" OK, so far, so good. Then he brings up VA Tech, Columbine, and a few others as examples. "Here it comes", I think.

Only it didn't. He did show photos, but not one time did he mention even one of the murderous shooters by name. Not once did he blame the gun. And while he did say medicine didn't have the answers (yet), he placed the blame for the incident(s) on no one at all other than the murderers.

I never thought I'd write this, but :+1: Sanjay Gupta.

Blessings,
    Bill

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    wow, thanks for braving that channel to see that. Its amazing, someone not blaming the tool for what the user does, like its an evil magic weapon that warps the user or something.

Top Bottom