• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

I want to know the story behind this one. If anyone finds later material or Court filings please post.

The ATF / Dimentia Hitler crew could make hay with this one, depending upon the facts.

Was it actually full auto, or a binary trigger? Serial number removed, or never had one (home made receiver)?

The can has few benign options for possession.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I fail to see the benefit to hunting with full auto…
    Obviously you place the selector switch to "semi" when hunting... duh.

Unless you're being overrun, and you have to lay down suppressive fire to break contact.

OK, the sad part: These guys may have been stupid and got caught breaking the law, but the SAD part is that the so called "laws"... are unconstitutional to begin with. Dumb redneck poachers or not, you should be able to hunt with a damn short barreled, suppressed, machine gun if you want to.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    OK, the sad part: These guys may have been stupid and got caught breaking the law, but the SAD part is that the so called "laws"... are unconstitutional to begin with. Dumb redneck poachers or not, you should be able to hunt with a damn short barreled, suppressed, machine gun if you want to.
    Well you CAN hunt with a short barreled, suppressed, machine gun. That is not what FDNR arrested them for..it was night hunting.

In Indiana if they just said they were hunting coyote or racoons it would have been legal with the DNR. If they had proper stamps through the ATF they "should" have been free to go.....(DNR would have probably brought them in anyway but still should have been free to go.)

I am not going to get into the 2A discussion about tax stamps when this thread was about poaching.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The man arrested is in a world of trouble. Anyone have a name or link to a court case? It would be interesting to see the disposition, since this arrest was about 16 months ago.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I want to know the story behind this one. If anyone finds later material or Court filings please post.

The ATF / Dimentia Hitler crew could make hay with this one, depending upon the facts.

Was it actually full auto, or a binary trigger? Serial number removed, or never had one (home made receiver)?

The can has few benign options for possession.
    about 11 minutes in you can hear an officer say there has never been a serial number on it (not altered).

Top Bottom