• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    She'll be shocked and dismayed when the Insurance Companies raise their rates to account for all the people who, now that Uncle Sammy is paying their premiums, run to the ER for the sniffles and hangnails. But hey, it's not my money.....oh yeah, it is.

rubicon_joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    I say we skip the goverment bs and just start having our checks direct deposited into the leaches accounts... Do couch potatoes even have bank accounts?:rolleyes:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My new policy is $2400 more a year. Thanks Sally!

my daughter just got a letter today that she is being dropped at the end of the year by her current insurance, affordable care act was mentioned in the letter. She got an initial estimate that is 3x's higher than what she pays now, that's just with limited info such as age etc. but can't get any further because the web site is "glitched"

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I say we skip the goverment bs and just start having our checks direct deposited into the leaches accounts... Do couch potatoes even have bank accounts?:rolleyes:
    They aren't couch potatoes. They are leeches. And in my experience, no, they usually don't.

The irony that none of these idiots seem to get is that they rates could be even better if government got the hell out of the insurance industry. Competition would do wonders for keeping things affordable. IIRC, health insurance is limited to within the boundary of the state of one's residence. Since there is no cross-state shopping, competition is practically nil.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    New York state had incredibly high rates before this crap happened. It was one of the most heavily regulated states for insurance. Glad I can make it better better for the idiots that put up with and elected the *******s in office that encouraged that.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What is not said in the article is that New York is the one few States with a decrease in premium cost because the first year was taken as an average of other plans. In the coming years, the actuarial truth will not be easy to escape. Expect NY premiums to increase in the coming years.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

By removing the Government middleman in the free handout line.... we'd probably save a trillion a year.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Before I read the article, I assumed she must be some poor person getting a discount, based on all the "she's a hippie lesbo couch potato leech" comments.

After reading the article and taking a look at her credentials (published author, CEO, dual law degrees), I'm guessing she makes a pretty solid living. So have no fear, INGO stereotypists... I don't think you're floating any of her bill.

If you want to talk leeches, how's about we all get fired up about corporate welfare that outspends social welfare 2 to 1.

Top Bottom