• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    now it's clean. I was under the impression it was supposed to lob a round through the wall or have killed someone in the process. What gives? :dunno:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    All my guns must be defective; none of them have killed anyone, even while being cleaned (You're supposed to get halfway through the second mag before declaring an "accident") and mine steadfastly refuse to fire.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I didn't go shooting and was cleaning my AR. It seems lots of people cleaning their guns on a Saturday night, while watching football?

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i think you cleared it wrong. you are supposed to keep the mag in, and while aiming at someone you care about, pull the trigger until it goes "click"...................

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    I missed the memo....I failed to clean my guns tonight.....we need a gun cleaning thread to make sure every INGO member cleans on the same night.....LOL

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    I also failed to clean my gun tonight . . . in semi-related news my gun failed to leave the house of its own accord and shoot up castleton square mall.
    I guess I'm missing all the fun
    :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    My wife is now on a journey to begin carrying. We were discussing holster options, on our way back from the range when she started talking about her concerns of the trigger accidentally getting pressed. We discussed purse carry, the most recent incident involving such, etc... which then led to 'accidents'.

Out of the blue she asks "What I don't understand is, how in the hell do people manage to shoot themselves, or someone else, when they are cleaning a gun?"

She's never cleaned or taken down a firearm. But she's used them enough to know to make sure they are cleared when handling them. Made me LOL when even she realizes how negligent a discharge is (during cleaning of a firearm).

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    My wife is now on a journey to begin carrying. We were discussing holster options, on our way back from the range when she started talking about her concerns of the trigger accidentally getting pressed. We discussed purse carry, the most recent incident involving such, etc... which then led to 'accidents'.

Out of the blue she asks "What I don't understand is, how in the hell do people manage to shoot themselves, or someone else, when they are cleaning a gun?"

She's never cleaned or taken down a firearm. But she's used them enough to know to make sure they are cleared when handling them. Made me LOL when even she realizes how negligent a discharge is (during cleaning of a firearm).

I can see how somebody could get complacent and forget to do one simple thing, but if you take the firearm seriously and treat it with respect you will not be the person on RTV6 who blew a hole in their childs head because "it just went off."

Some people just think they know better and others realize that a firearm can save life and take life.

jrose361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2011
    it was a gun cleaning weekend, 1 handgun , 1 muzzle loader and 1 bolt gun all cleaned . Half hour of Dry Fire with bolt gun and with EDC after cleaning. A good way to end the weekend and watch the Colts play

Top Bottom