• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    One of my long time customers is a Facebook friend, I own a boarding kennel, and she friended me long before I had a Facebook page for the kennel. I have been very vocal on Facebook about the Second Amendment for the past 2 months. She is a wonderful customer and is a smart liberal, but I was floored today when she called and made a reservation for her dog and asked me “You are not going to shoot my dog are you”? I was speechless at first and told her that I was the same person now as I was 15 years ago when I spent the night at the Emergency Vet with her other dog that fell ill because of some new medication he was on. So no, I would never do anything to harm her pet! She said that “she had no idea I had guns back then” in which I replied, does it really matter?

I explained to her that I owned guns then same as I do now. I explained that I am not the threat or the enemy, I purchased mine legally with background checks, have my license to carry issued to me by the state through the Sheriff after an FBI check, my guns are properly secured, I have received safety and shooting training, and that I would be the one willing to stop the bad guy pointing a gun at her if I were present and possibly take a bullet for her.

I told her I respected her views and will not even attempt to sway her, and that I appreciate her right to have them, however just because I own a gun (or multiple guns) does not change how I would take care of her pet and that her question “You are not going to shoot my dog” after knowing me and being a customer of mine for over 15 years was the most idiotic question from an intelligent person I have ever been asked!

Just thought I would share because I was FLOORED!

PS, I know I shouldn’t have customers as Facebook friends!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I get a lot of stuff delivered to work, convenient. So everyone knows I am the "gun guy". Not long ago, I was frustrated with a client and it showed. Someone made a joke about me "going down there with one of my guns to straighten things out".

I simply looked at them and calmy said "That comment is not only inappropriate but personally offensive". They just stared for a moment and said they were just joking, etc. I have zero tolerance for that kind of behavior anymore as it comes from ignorance or bigotry on their part.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Didn't we talk about this at the rally....you were 100 percent correct when you told me you could lose customers because of your political views. It is sad that so many people feel my way or the highway...I know you take very good care of those animals....she could take her pet to a kennel where the own was a liberal and have someone shoot her dog for barking.
    I have lost good friends because of my political views...I came to the conclusion they were never really my friends.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    When you are constantly being told by the MSM that guns are the problem, this is the result you can expect.
    Even the intelligent liberals will fall for it because they are so inundated.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    When I had my Auto Repair shop, I did not bring up politics or guns with my customers. But if they brought it up then I would discuss it. I was always respectful of their views. And asked for the same. I always stuck to my guns so to speak and only lost one customer over it in 15 years.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Didn't we talk about this at the rally....you were 100 percent correct when you told me you could lose customers because of your political views. It is sad that so many people feel my way or the highway...I know you take very good care of those animals....she could take her pet to a kennel where the own was a liberal and have someone shoot her dog for barking.
    I have lost good friends because of my political views...I came to the conclusion they were never really my friends.

Lol, we did talk about that didn't we. I guess I am lucky to have good neighbors that put up with 95 dogs barking!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I get a lot of stuff delivered to work, convenient. So everyone knows I am the "gun guy". Not long ago, I was frustrated with a client and it showed. Someone made a joke about me "going down there with one of my guns to straighten things out".

I simply looked at them and calmy said "That comment is not only inappropriate but personally offensive". They just stared for a moment and said they were just joking, etc. I have zero tolerance for that kind of behavior anymore as it comes from ignorance or bigotry on their part.

i get this occasionally too, in our small office of six, when i was the only gun owner. now half of us carry.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Nice job on how you handled the situation. In general, I think a person is smart....groups, and individuals that allow that group mentality to rule their thinking that has been skewed my the mass media are dull wiited and dumb. And dangerous!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    WOW. I would be inclined to tell her to take her hound else where. Sorry but I refuse to associate with people like that. It is not about differing views. What it is is there is something seriously wrong with them.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    WOW. I would be inclined to tell her to take her hound else where. Sorry but I refuse to associate with people like that. It is not about differing views. What it is is there is something seriously wrong with them.
    WE need to be better than the MSM, CNN if you might...
    Bring people to our thinking without the lies and half truths. Until the Gun Culture owns their own News Channels it's going to be like this.

Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    When you are constantly being told by the MSM that guns are the problem, this is the result you can expect.
    Even the intelligent liberals will fall for it because they are so inundated.

Speaking of shooting dogs.......

Gun owners doing stupid crap & get into the news doesn't help us. For example this idiot in the Peoples Republik Of Illinois:

PALATINE, Ill. (STMW) – A northwest suburban Palatine man was charged with animal cruelty for shooting his neighbor’s dog, lured to his yard by a deer carcass. He allegedly told police he thought the dog was a coyote.
    Piotr Holy initially denied he shot Willy, a neighbor’s 9-year-old German Shepherd mix who apparently trotted into his backyard to investigate the deer carcass Holy kept on his property in the 1100 block of South Brockway St., police said.
    Holy, 40, later admitted he shot the dog thinking it was a coyote, the release from Palatine police alleges. He explained he used the carcass to lure coyotes to his backyard, where he would shoot them.

Cops: Palatine Man Shot Neighbor’s Dog, Mistaking It For Coyote « CBS Chicago

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Are you sure she wasn't trying to insult you? No rational person would ask if a kennel owner is going to shoot their dog. Sounds to me like she was digging at your Facebook posts.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Are you sure she wasn't trying to insult you? No rational person would ask if a kennel owner is going to shoot their dog. Sounds to me like she was digging at your Facebook posts.

Not sure, my first thought was she was joking and maybe I just didn't recognize her sense of humor so being unsure I decided to play it safe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There was a song on one of Zappa's later albums called the "Slime oozing out of the TV set"
    It now makes perfect sense and un-fortunately has come true.

Libs are easily put in lines and fed kool-aide. They are then fed a steady diet of talking points and sound bites. This makes the brainwashing so much easier.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This country only becomes more divided every day. The leadership seems bent on fostering that division. Sad very sad commentary on this country. You said she was smart? Obviously not so smart if she gobbles up the rancid tripe from the biased liberal media as if it were manna from heaven.

Top Bottom